Need specific help with exterior paint colors, please!!!
Ruth Pargas-French
We live in a modest single level home in New Mexico. We have a WHITE shingled pitched roof with an older red brick half wall in front & siding the rest of the way. We desperately need help deciding on colors for walls, trim, etc. We are total amateurs!! Please help, be specific! Hunter green maybe??
Interior Archaeology
I think painting your brick will hep immensely. Keep the wood a rich white like Benjamin Moore's Navajo White, and paint the brick a slightly deeper tone of rich white - try Benjamin Moore's Gentle Cream #OC-96. Try painting the door a rich charcoal or black. If the roof ever needs re-shingling, you might then change to a darker charcoal color. Black Rasied Panel Shutters on the front window might also look great.
October 4, 2013 at 9:28PM   
I was thinking like Interior Archaeology. Sometimes white is the answer! I agree you may want to paint the brick as well (and remove the old shrubs for an updated look). Please don't do Hunter Green! If you want green, how about the brick a soft green, then the siding Navajo White? BTW, Natural ornamental grasses on the landscape would add some interest as well.
Addition
Cherokee Park West - Exterior
Entrance
The Jekyll
October 4, 2013 at 9:35PM   
Ruth Pargas-French
Greatly appreciate the advice but white, shingles, white brick & white walls??? No color? What about the color for the trim and garage door?
October 4, 2013 at 9:37PM   
nwduck
If you do not want to try painting the brick, and live in a place where greenery is at a premium...what if you tried something like Sherwin Williams Celery SW6421 on the body? It has a green cast, but wouldn't make your house look like "Christmas!". Two tones darker for the trim, and make the door lighter (a very pale grey with a green cast). I'd look to cactus/succulents for a color scheme inspiration. In fact, a cactus/succulent garden in the raised bed area to the right would be quite striking!
October 4, 2013 at 9:43PM   
Not everything white. But it doesn't have to be a huge contrast. Notice the last photo has little color. Just the shutters and the front door.
October 4, 2013 at 9:43PM   
Ruth Pargas-French
If we painted the brick, what color should we go with?
October 5, 2013 at 7:27AM   
Exterior paint color
White? or Dark color trimmed in White? Siding is...
What color couch?
My walls are simply white by BM, what color sofa sectional...
Table lamps for Living room
My sofa and 2 chairs were delivered a few days ago....
Reasonable durable dining chairs?
I am contemporary slightly industrial minimal brown,...
Need help for main bedroom
Hi, I have an empty section in my main bedroom. As...