Need help - exterior stucco and siding (and paint colors)
wens13
Hi all,
We bought our house a little over 1yr ago...We are getting estimates to repair our exterior stucco and possibly siding...totally looking forward to changing the color too. Problem with repainting the siding is that siding is missing from one area under one of the windows. One contractor recommended removing the siding completely and just going with stucco all the way down. What do u guys think? Also I like gray colors...gray-green is nice but not sure if it'll go with our roof that's brown (wont be changing roof for about 1more year). The attached pic without facia is old ..we now have facia boards up.
wens13
One more comment: most homes on our block have siding.
0 Likes   October 4, 2013 at 10:31PM
RESIDENTIAL DESIGN STUDIO
Siding is fine. When it's painted as the stucco is it becomes a textural change only. You can actually use another color on the siding. I would do the colors you want if you are only a year away from a new roof. You have a very low pitched roof so I wouldn't let that sway your color decision. Also I would paint the new fascia trim the wall color or siding color, the white stands out to much. In fact looking at your two pictures I like the exposed rafters better for two reasons. One it adds character, and two it's color neutral.
0 Likes   October 4, 2013 at 10:49PM
Lampert Dias Architects, Inc.
You said that the siding was missing in one portion and rather then repair it you would like to replace it with stucco. That is a good idea. You can add a color coat of stucco with the color integral in the stucco. If you restucco the entire house you will never have to paint again. Another option is to patch and repair the stucco and paint over the top coat.....
Either way will work.

I like the grey green color with the white trim and fascia boards.
I will attach a photo of an example.
1 Like   October 5, 2013 at 12:45AM
RESIDENTIAL DESIGN STUDIO
I do like Lampert Dias' bungalow as well, this is what I was referring to on color. Slate grey green walls Bronze fascia shutters and entry door

0 Likes   October 6, 2013 at 10:41AM
Need help with my entryway
I have this rigips dressing in the entry way, and I...
1920 Craftsman - PLEASE help with Paint Color for Kitchen/Sitting Area
My 1920 bungalow renovation is going well. (Thank...
trying to make a decision
please show me a updated bathroom thats installed a...
Room makeover advice to contemporary
Just bought new house and want a contemporary style....
Roof, Siding and Brick
I am going to replace the roof and siding on my house...