Master bedroom bed placement
Jennifer HolbertOctober 5, 2013
The best wall for our bed to be placed in our master bedroom has a window on only one side. I don't HAVE to have symmetry and our nightstands are not matching but is there anything we can do to make this wall look balanced? Thanks.
This is a great photo shot, and a very smart way to treat the asymmetric window with different nightstands on either side of the bed.
    Bookmark   Thanked by Jennifer Holbert    October 5, 2013 at 1:54PM
armygirl1987
Can you move the pendants over and I am not feeling the things over the bed. do you have more picture of the room.
    Bookmark   October 5, 2013 at 7:03PM
Jennifer Holbert
Pendants are fixed. We like the iron pieces over the bed. Will try to get wider shot of bed wall. It's a huge room but has lots of doors/ doorways. It makes me crazy. :)
    Bookmark   October 5, 2013 at 8:35PM
Pendants seem placed for a smaller bed. You might switch the tables for simple floating shelves at each side. No storage but a place for glasses, clock, phone.
    Bookmark   October 5, 2013 at 8:49PM
Gantt's Decorating
The light effect the pendants make on the wall are great. I too think they need to be over the night tables or shelves. I personally don't like the one on the right obstructing the window. Would it be possible to lengthen the chain or cord the pendants are on and find a cool bracket type thing to put on the wall, and attach the cord to them to center the pendants above the night stands? If you really want symmetry you could get some more items like the white one over the bed and hang them on the left to roughly echo the size of the window on the right.
    Bookmark   Thanked by Jennifer Holbert    October 5, 2013 at 9:12PM
jamief143
I love this room! Love the pieces above the bed. Do you mind if I ask what color paint is on the walls?
    Bookmark   Thanked by Jennifer Holbert    October 5, 2013 at 9:27PM
mrspinktulip
You have great style! I agree that the pendants should be placed wider and floating shelves might be nice.
    Bookmark   October 5, 2013 at 9:31PM
Jennifer Holbert
Thank you, everyone. The pendants might be able to be swagged but they are a can light conversion kit so the placement is fixed. I do want to be able to read by them, however. Gantt's Decorating, the nightstand on the left has been changed since this picture was taken to a narrower piece so it doesn't overlap the window. I considered putting up a window panel on each side to make it look like there was a window on the left but I'm not sure. Maybe it's totally unnecessary and I need to get over it. Jamief143, thank you for the compliment. The paint color is Sherwin Williams Open Seas (6500). I love it, too.

I'm going to try to post some additional pictures if I can figure out the technology!

J
    Bookmark   October 6, 2013 at 12:23PM
chitownhanna
How about a vertical mirror on the wall behind the left nightstand to mimic the window on the other side? The shape would be similar and when it bounced the light back at you, it would give the effect of another window.
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by Jennifer Holbert    October 6, 2013 at 12:32PM
Jennifer Holbert
Tasonidebs, I have thought of this, as well, but haven't found the right mirror yet. Do you think it would have to be the same size as the window or just the general shape and size?
    Bookmark   October 6, 2013 at 12:34PM
chitownhanna
I'm not a pro, but I would think just go for similar size, shape, color. Exact would be great if it actually WAS a window, but since it isn't anyway, I wouldn't even try to match it perfectly.
    Bookmark   Thanked by Jennifer Holbert    October 6, 2013 at 12:36PM
Gantt's Decorating
You night try an arrangement of mirrors and art that take up about the same amount of space. That gives you balance without looking like a fake window. If it works in your scheme a mirror clad taller cabinet could be the best of all.
    Bookmark   October 6, 2013 at 1:15PM
Gantt's Decorating
and replace the night stand with a shelf fitting between the bed and the cabinet.
1 Like    Bookmark   October 6, 2013 at 1:17PM
Tiffany Verbarito
A different bed spread would make a big difference
1 Like    Bookmark   October 6, 2013 at 1:45PM
Lydia (Kazza Design)
Simple solution......How about stacking the wall decor vertically over the night stand instead of over the bed?
1 Like    Bookmark   October 6, 2013 at 1:51PM
armygirl1987
I agree and would thunk about updating the bedding.
    Bookmark   October 6, 2013 at 1:54PM
nestingchic
You could put a tall white bookcase on the left side of the bed in place of the night stand so that you get the symmetry effect of the white trimmed window and bookcase (or built in). Could double as a night stand.
2 Likes    Bookmark   October 6, 2013 at 2:17PM
D John Design
I like the pendants and wall color. I would put a smaller table with closed storage to the right of bed so it doesn't block the window. I would add drapery to window in same tone as wall color so that it blends in more.

Alternatively you could add drapery to entire wall so it feels like there could be more windows.
1 Like    Bookmark   October 6, 2013 at 2:24PM
master bedroom bed placement
the best wall for placement of our queen bed is under...
tinafin
Drapery placement in master bedroom
I have a rather unique challenge with placement of...
maryfanderson28
Need help with furniture placement in bedroom
We r remodeling the master bath. I am having trouble...
Sue Washburn
Need help for my bedroom (bed type and placement)
I've been looking through various bedroom design pictures...
thatsonebadmf
Entering Master Bedroom Suite via Master Bathroom
We are building a new home and our Designer came up...
posthill
Layout of kitchen
Will take out old built in. Move sink below window....
222612
I'm not sure what light to buy for my kitchen
The big huge fluorescent light in my kitchen needs...
suellenliberto
Kitchen floors
Help! I want wood flooring. Should I choose a floor...
pewicks
Where can I find those lamp?....
We have of those 14 and I don't want to purchase new...
juaglad
need help with boring living room
is wallpaper coming back also how many is too many...
mychouchou1