Blank slate.... Help me make my bedroom amazing!
ssullydw
I am updating each room in my house.. Starting with bedroom. Welcome suggestions from all of you. The room is 13.5 x 11.5. Just painted a slate grey with white trim, with cherry floor. Going to buy new furniture. Thinking of turning bi-fold closet into a desk area. Other closet will be used to store off season clothes. Have turned spare room into closet so really only need for anything but bed and whatever else. Wondering about thoughts on bed placement. Have attached pics... Thanks in advance!
Lydia (Kazza Design)
Love the window! I like mixing different finishes so the name of your wall colour grey slate inspired me to go with another metal.....bronze which also reflects a caramel tone. I first chose these curtains and went from there. A white upholstered bed with some light grey bedding will lighten up the room and tie in the white trimming.
October 6, 2013 at 3:57pm     
Lydia (Kazza Design)
This textured wooden dresser adds alot of warmth and this bronze night stand compliments the concept of slate from the wall colour. The lamp adds another element.....mercury. The mirror is grey rattan adding a natural element to the room.
October 6, 2013 at 4:00pm   
Lydia (Kazza Design)
Don't know if there's a ceiling fixture but this one would tie in all the elements previously posted. Some throw pillows with caramel accents and this chair to add some visual interest.
October 6, 2013 at 4:05pm   
Lydia (Kazza Design)
As for furniture placement, I think the bed would look best on this wall with the dresser in front of it and a chair in the corner where the window is. Everything I posted is from Crate and Barrel.
October 6, 2013 at 4:06pm   
travisinteriors
Is that armoire for a TV. Using closet for desk would work. Wallpaper inside using grays. Silvermetallic in furn mirrored for night stands. Go glam. With black crystal chandelier. Bed on biggest wall. Remove armoire if not using. Silver metallic panels on window satin. Floor mirror tall 6 ft in silver frame by other closet. Big cut glass sunburst over bed. 45". Headboard in white velvet, tuffet.
October 6, 2013 at 4:14pm   
ssullydw
Thanks Lydia... Have been looking at beds such as you posted. Love the bronze touch as well!
October 6, 2013 at 4:36pm   
ssullydw
The armoire has a tv.... But was thinking that I could hang tv inside bi- fold closet with simple desk underneath with stool/storage. Love glam...especially a tufted velvet headboard! Rug ideas? Thanks!!!
October 6, 2013 at 4:41pm   
Lydia (Kazza Design)
Amazing how travisinteriors and I suggested two completely different styles! Your bedroom is definitely a blank slate.....lol! The rug I suggested is more mod than glam so here are two that might bring in that design element. These are neutral but they both give out a subtle glam vibe with their texture and pattern. Both from Pottery Barn.
October 6, 2013 at 5:40pm   
ssullydw
This is such a great tool and group think! Looking now at white, velvet tufted headboards and black crystal anything. Lydia I loved the introduction of mercury.
October 6, 2013 at 6:06pm   
help with master bedroom, currently blank slate!
Would appreciate suggestions on window treatments,...
My kitchen is a blank slate I need help coloring.
I have a galley kitchen. I am keeping the Colonial...
I need help in my new home! Laundry room is a blank slate!
I'm a newly single Mom and downsizing from 3000sf to...
Help me make my kitchen amazing!
Hi - we are remodeling our kitchen and I'd love advice...
Bedroom advice in cape cod style home
Need help with master bedroom here. I want to get...
Dining Room Dilemma, What to do?
Hello I really need some help. I live in north tropics...
question on built in soap dispenser in kitchen island
I'm debating as to whether or not I should have a built...
POLL: Pool or Hot Tub?
Some people have both. Some have just one or the other....
Dark Stone Mosaic: Leave it or paint it?
What on earth should I do with this random backsplash...