Teen Daughter Room
shea82
HI! We recently moved into our first house & would like help designing our daughter's room. She is 13, will be 14 soon, and likes modern styles. She has lots of black and white things, but wants to add a pop of color. Her favorite color is blue - teal or tourquise. The room is 9'9" x 14'2" but we lose 29" off the 14 for her closet. So it's really only about 9'9" x 11'11". All furniture is new, so it must stay. We are open to new placement though. We painted the walls a light gray, as a neutral background. She wants a black area rug and we thought about stenciling the wall currenlty behind her bed. We got the duvet that's on her bed because it fit her idea of a travel theme, as it lists places all over the world. Let me know what ideas you have.
giaksch
Paint one wall bright teal and add a teal chandelier in the middle if the room (a white one with teal accents) and maybe add a zebra print instead of a black rug (more fun, less morbid)
October 6, 2013 at 6:20pm   
giaksch
Amazon.com - black/white/teal and travel theme
October 6, 2013 at 6:26pm   
giaksch
This would be cute wallpaper for one wall
October 6, 2013 at 6:27pm   
giaksch
For wall
October 6, 2013 at 6:27pm   
giaksch
I'm sure you can do a more thorough search than I did and fine an adorable chandelier
October 6, 2013 at 6:28pm   
the essentials inside
Hi!

This is probably a silly question but did you have your daughter look through photos here on Houzz? Here is a search in case she hasn't yet -- http://www.houzz.com/%22teen-bedroom%22

~Lyvonne
October 6, 2013 at 6:29pm     
giaksch
Love this one for inspiration from the gallery:
October 6, 2013 at 6:43pm     
Katie Hofacker Art
I create these map paintings that show where you are, where you want to go, and where you have been. I use the names of the cities and juxtapoz them with the longitude and latitude of each city. I can create them in the red pictured, green, or blue. I also create them in three different sizes for three different prices.
October 6, 2013 at 7:05pm   
cloudpants
I agree with ei. Multitudes of ideas @ Houzz. Here's just one:
October 6, 2013 at 7:12pm   
Amy Cali
Oh what fun and how nice to have a mom that cares so much! Congrats on your new home as well. Was wondering...what is under the wall to wall carpet? Are you planning to pull it up or place the black rug on it?
October 6, 2013 at 7:33pm   
shea82
Giaksch, cute wallpaper & chandelier idea. I have attached a picture of the poster we just got for her room. I'm thinking I will pull the blue out of it. I've looked on Houzz quite a bit & she has looked a little. She finds things she likes but it doesn't all go together.
October 6, 2013 at 7:41pm   
shea82
Thanks Amy. The carpet was installed just before we moved in, so it will be there a while. Maybe in the future, we will redo the flooring on the main floor. She just wants something really soft, that will coordinate with the rest of the room.
October 6, 2013 at 7:46pm   
need help with decorating my teen daughter's room
I'm unable to post pictures at the moment however thewalls...
Need to decide on a color for my teen daughter's room!
My daughter likes this color for her bedroom wall...Please...
Need help redesigning my teen daughters bed room.
My daughter is 14, it'd be realistic to design a room...
Teen Daughters Room
The room we are working with is 9 foot 1 by 12 feet,...
Need help with curb appeal
This is my grandparents home that I will moving into...
Need help with this guest room
This room is very small. I had the head board made...
organizing cabinet drawers
Need help organizing kitchen cabinet drawers
HELP! We chose the wrong concrete patio finish and we hate it!
My husband I agonized for months over the type of patio...
How Can I lighten up this kitchen?
I have a kitchen that is very dark because of little...