Need help with Hallway/Entrance
leannepowell
October 7, 2013 in Design Dilemma
This is more than a hallway or an entrance. It's a huge room that opens into our livingroom and kitchen. We love the openness of our house and this entrance as it looks out over Grand Lake in New Brunswick. I need some thoughts or ideas however. We were thinking of putting a bar along the wall with the small shelve as we do love to entertain and some art needs to be on the walls. I'm really stuck on what colour to paint...it seems to be difficult to match anything with all of the pine in the livingroom and kitchen and do not want to paint the pine. We love the feel of a cottage but it's our home as well. Any thoughts/ ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
studio3600
Don't try to match the pine. Pale blue or green would compliment it and make it seem more cottage-y. I would stay away from any hues of yellow, orange or red. You need cool colors to balance the space. Also, a round entry table could look lovely.
October 7, 2013 at 5:32am      Thanked by leannepowell
leannepowell
Sorry, didn't mean "match" the pine, but rather compliment it. I was thinking of a pale sage green but I'm afraid it would be boring. We'd like to keep the room open as it is a great party room so I'm afraid of putting anything in the middle.
October 7, 2013 at 5:37am   
PRO
Dytecture
Sage green can't be more 'boring' than what is on the wall right now. Here is one idea towards more teal color.

October 7, 2013 at 5:42am        Thanked by leannepowell