Purple Focus Wall: Man vs. Wife
Kelly Davis
October 7, 2013 in Design Dilemma
My fiancé and I are buying a house, I'm really attached to the idea of a dark purple focus wall where the headboard will be, and the other walls a shade of gray. I LOVE darker woods, so I'm hoping we can find a dark brown or black bed. He thinks dark colors make rooms look smaller, and I agree to a point, but I'm in love with this color combo! Any ideas of some luxurious spaces that I can show him to win him over? :) It's appreciated! I do like some masculine touches, it will be his bedroom too....
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
A Direct Distributor Corp
OMG I love the purple and gray color combo for a bedroom. This is what my husband and I were going to do when we were first house shopping. (now we are on more of a nautical/cottage kick so we are going a different way). But I love how the purple fits with the masculine look of gray, but allows you some softer tones to work with when you girlie it up with accessories! Here's a picture I've always loved. - Karly

PS- if you can't decide on the paint colors... what about a wall paper that has purple & gray to compromise for the accent wall. Just an idea.
October 7, 2013 at 11:55am      Thanked by Kelly Davis
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Kelly Davis
This is awesome! The wallpaper is a GREAT idea.... I really hadn't even thought of doing a patterned focus wall......... this just opens up so many choices! I hear you about the nautical theme... originally I wanted light blue and gray, my mom made the comment that she saw me using really passionate colors like red or purple and that got me thinking about the plum. Our cabinets are white, so we'll most likely go with a beachy themed kitchen/living room! Ideas are appreciated!! :)
October 7, 2013 at 12:01pm