Where do I put my tv?
Benn Mendelsohn
Hey everyone, I'm new to this. I just moved into this place and am still laying out the spot. I cannot for the life of me figure out where to put my tv. Should I mount it next to that awkward window? Or put it on a stand in the corner or something? Any ideas? Thanks! (I was sitting on the couch when taking this photo)
Benn Mendelsohn
Oh and that door is actually a door to my bedroom closet. Weird layout, but I want to cover that door with something like a tapestry or something. It won't be use.
October 8, 2013 at 12:41AM   
Susanna Thomas
What is the white thing to the left? A door?
October 8, 2013 at 12:42AM   
Karin Madgwick
If the door isn't needed you can have it taken out and replays termed. This would give you more space to play with. The tv could be hung on the wall next to the small window or on the wall where the door is if you have it taken out.
October 8, 2013 at 1:16AM   
Benn Mendelsohn
To the left is a giant sliding glass door. I just have the blinds closed. The thing that is really annoying me is the lack of symmetry. You almost have to sit on one end of the couch to see the tv.
October 8, 2013 at 7:25AM   
readbetter
How big is your TV and what do you have it on (cabinet, table, shelf)? If you were sitting on the couch taking the photo, then to the left of the little window on a nice cabinet or shelf unit. it might cover part of the window but, since you have the big sliding door, you would still have lots of light in the room. Can you send a picture of the rest of the room?
February 23, 2014 at 2:57AM   
Aprameya Pandit
Having a window right behind or beside a tv, in my opinion is'nt the best idea as it would (when open) act as an interfering light source which may add to strain in the eyes while you're watching tv.. Not to mention the various precautions that need to be taken while it rains outside..

My suggestion would be to lay the tv down a plain closed wall, in a well lit - relatively quiet area of the room.
February 23, 2014 at 3:08AM   
hatetoshop
I'd put it on the left side of the window where your level is in the photo. You could use a wide tv stand that could extend under the window.
February 23, 2014 at 3:27AM   
where do I put my 46 inch tv
hello Im moving to a new house and the living room...
where do I put my 46 inch tv
where do I put my 46 inch tv
Where do i put my 46" tv
Im moving into my new home next week and the living...
Where do I put my TV? Master Bedroom Dilemna!
This is not my house or furniture. It is a house I'm...
Making room for curtains? What are rules for window treatments?
I hate how my builder put my windows right next to...
Need advice on kitchen
Which comes first?? Kitchen cabinets or flooring??...
Any ideas on renovating to improve this entrance-way??
Low roof line and so close to the ground....what could...