Where do you find?
donnaglynn
So we were finally able to buy our forever home. The only problem is that while the land is beautiful, the house is small and there are so many walls. I know that if we took down some walls, it would open the house up and it could be amazing. I just do not know how much that would cost and we already ended up spending more than what we anticipated. Who do you call to find out more about doing something like this?
PYRAMID DESIGN GROUP
If you are thinking about removing walls YOU NEED TO HIRE AN ARCHITECT.
October 8, 2013 at 6:59PM     
Fred S
You call a structural engineer to tell you what is possible first.
October 8, 2013 at 8:01PM     
Scott Design, Inc.
Consider contacting a design/build firm. Check what their references have to say about their capabilities and professionalism. Then meet with them. Since cost is a major factor, they should be in a position to look at the situation from both design and construction points of view and offer options that range from less costly to "anything can be done if you have the money" option. If you are encouraged by what you hear, then work with them in designing your space.
October 8, 2013 at 8:24PM     
Lathrem Homebuilders, LLC
I think most capable builders can discuss cost relative to your design ideas before involving an architect.
October 8, 2013 at 8:33PM     
PYRAMID DESIGN GROUP
You should always bring on an Architect BEFORE contacting a builder / general contractor. An architect is trained to "think out of the box" and come up with creative solutions. When one of the ideas/ solutions works, and is drawn up and studied then it is time to involve a contractor.
PyramidDG.com
October 9, 2013 at 5:35PM   
Lampert Dias Architects, Inc.
Another idea is to get an architect and the architect's favorite contractor out to your house together and let them brainstorm together about which walls could be removed and how much it might cost......Make sure that you call the architects referrals to find out if they are creative and work well with budgets......
October 9, 2013 at 6:45PM     
OasisDesign&Remodeling
When we know that we have a job of this scope, we always call our architect to meet us on site. Then we all put in our ideas relative to our strengths (each one of us, designer, contractor & architect will see things the other may not) & then present a plan to the homeowner. Budget is always a factor. But while you may say that we're expensive, we're worth having it done right & not having to pay for the work all over again in 5 years when something collapses.
October 10, 2013 at 10:42PM   
Looking for someting to go on the wall in my dining room
Looking for something that does not compete with the...
Need help with parlor layout
I'd like to shake things up in my "front room" / living...
Need curtains
What kind of curtains for these windows? This is the...
Need Lighting Ideas
After much drama with our wallpaper being hung upside...
Office cabinetry/bookcase color?
We built a new home about a year ago and I can't seem...