Like cabinets! Need info on cabinets.
IAU IAU
October 9, 2013 in Photo Questions
On cabinets and island, who is mfg, door style, wood, and color?
Essence Design Studios
Thanks! These cabinets are all Crestwood by Dura Supreme Cabinetry. The perimeter cabinets are Arcadia Panel, Antique White Paint on maple with Brown Accent. The island is also Arcadia Panel, in Lyptus wood with a Mocha stain. It is a beautiful combination! Feel free to message me if you have any more questions!!
October 9, 2013 at 7:03pm        Thanked by IAU IAU
IAU IAU
In the Crestwood I like Butternut/Coffee Glaze and the new color, Caraway. Do you think these two colors would work together in a kitchen?
October 10, 2013 at 9:07am     
Essence Design Studios
What kind of style are you going for? I do think the butternut w/ coffee glaze & caraway go together nicely. Although, with the butternut being so warm and the glaze being more brown, I kind of like the poppy seed with it a little better than caraway. Poppy seed seems to make the glaze stand out more on the maple, and is slightly browner/darker which adds a little more contrast.
October 10, 2013 at 5:21pm        Thanked by IAU IAU
IAU IAU
Hi! Thanks for your recommendation. I will check out poppy seed -- the wood is either cherry or knotty alder for the cabinets, not maple. The look is rustic elegance for a log cabin which is being built. Our inspiration piece is our 9-light chandelier, Quoizel Genova, which has a two-tone ombra, photo attached. Thanks again for giving us guidance.
October 11, 2013 at 9:51am     
Essence Design Studios
Ok, yeah I like the cherry or alder butternut instead of the maple! That chandelier is beautiful!! Either the cherry or Alder is a beautiful choice. You could even combine regular cherry with rustic cherry. (For example, a simpler recessed panel doorstyle on perimeter cabinets in cherry, butternut/glaze. And on the island, a more dressy door, with a raised panel, but in Character Cherry in Poppy seed). That would sure give some rustic elegance to your kitchen. I also like the idea of a dark iron hardware on the cherry butternut, and something contrasting like a antique copper on the peppercorn or caraway.
October 12, 2013 at 10:53am        Thanked by IAU IAU
IAU IAU
HI again. Great ideas! Wanted to give you another visual. I have attached a photo of two colors, Cashew and Butternut/Coffee Glaze (these are not the door style) along with our inspiration piece for coloring (sconce). The log siding is Sikkens Natural. We like DuraSupreme door style, Marley and Craftsman. Any additional suggestion is appreciated. Thanks!
October 14, 2013 at 10:17am     
IAU IAU
Correction -- not cashew, the dark door is Caraway! Got a brain blimp!
October 14, 2013 at 2:13pm     
Essence Design Studios
I think it all looks great together! Do you have any of the other selections picked out yet... such as countertops, flooring, backsplash, paint colors... etc.?
October 15, 2013 at 11:31am      Thanked by IAU IAU
IAU IAU
Countertops is next on the list. We like the look of soapstone and honed granite. Going to check out some of the quartz counter-tops, too (not the shiney ones). Do you have any recommendations for countertops and backsplash. There is no paint! It's a log home and the color is what you see in my picture, Sikkens Natural stain. More pictures to come. Thanks again.
October 15, 2013 at 4:51pm     
Need Help To Find Similar Night Table
Ikea discontinued this Hemnes Rounded Night Table....
Need help picking gray exterior paint color
I am having the hardest time picking an exterior paint...
Pros and Cons - Apartments vs. Houses
Have you lived in both an apartment and a house? What...
Living room/ family room
I'm having a problem trying to decide how to best design...
Help me finish this room
We love our new living room / dining room. We have...