Window treatment dilemm
smith42380
I want to hang curtains in my living room, but one of the windows has a bulkhead the cuts into the corner of the window trimmings. If I hang curtains they won't hang over the left side of the window and cover the trim. What would work the best?
Keitha
What about hanging just one curtain panel on the right side and to balance it out add a row of small plates in a pattern with the colors of your drapes down the narrow left hand wall ?
October 9, 2013 at 1:40pm   
yoboseiyo
keitha said exactly what i was going to suggest.
October 9, 2013 at 1:55pm   
smith42380
Here is picture of the wall with my problem window. There is another window in the same wall and I would like to keep symmetry to it because it is the wall you see when you walk into the house. Also the space to the left of the problem window is only about 6 inches.
October 9, 2013 at 4:15pm   
www.newjerseyaccents.com
How about building some cornices. Notch the one on the left to accommodate that 'problem'. Then you can hang the curtains rods lower, hidden under the cornice.
October 9, 2013 at 4:32pm     
Keitha
Now that I see the entire wall my first suggestion wouldn't work and although the cornice idea is a good one I'm not sure it would work either in conjunction with drapes but plantation shutters with a nice tailored cornice would look good.... It would give you privacy but soften the hard edges of the window??
October 9, 2013 at 6:31pm   
Keitha
Here are some ideas....
October 9, 2013 at 6:37pm   
South East Installation Solutions, LLC
For a splash of color, you might consider replacing the blinds with some roman shades.

By the way Keitha - I'm glad you like the black & white cornice. We installed that for one of our favorite interior designers a couple years ago.
October 12, 2013 at 9:34pm     
LB Interiors
I would be fine with .... Maybe hang drapes to fall between the outside framework and the actual window of each window. The side moldings will be visible on each window.
October 12, 2013 at 10:59pm   
Need Tile Color Ideas for White Kitchen!
So, my husband and I are building our home and we have...
What color should we paint our two front double doors?
The shutters and double doors are now black. We would...
Should we paint interior doors in newly painted paneled den?
We are in the process of priming our paneled den to...
Please help with these paint colors..
I was originally thinking of using the darker shade...