Arched Ceiling in LIving Room - Lighting Suggestions
Amy Lapin
I just bought a 1929 tudor-revival home. The living room has a beautiful arched ceiling, with a smooth finish. On one end is the front door and a blank wall, on the other end are a fireplace and built-in bookshelves. Adjacent to the front door wall is a wall with a leaded-glass front window, and opposite that wall is the entrance to the dining room. We are contemplating lighting options - recessed lighting, hanging lighting, or floor lamp lighting - as there are currently no existing fixtures and no switch that controls an outlet in that room. (We'll be hiring an electrician to help.) We want to stay as true to the character of the house as possible/want to complement the arched ceiling. Any suggestions? Thanks!
LB Interiors
Chandeliers for Entry, dining and hall. All work well. I don't think I would like recessed lighting in these areas, but maybe in the kitchen instead. Depending on floor plan and furniture arrangements, you can use floor lamps also.

Really need photos of the areas in question :)
October 9, 2013 at 3:09pm      Thanked by Amy Lapin
Amy Lapin
Thanks. I won't be able to take and upload a picture until this weekend.
October 9, 2013 at 3:11pm   
LB Interiors
You're Welcome. Will look for the pics :)
October 9, 2013 at 3:27pm   
Fred S
This is probably a lath and plaster ceiling. Trying to put in recessed lights is very difficult. Trying to put in enough to light a kitchen may destroy the ceiling. If you want them, I would use the smallest ones you can find. Insulation rated (IC) remodel cans in a smaller diameter are limited in options. You may want to invite an electrician over to look at things and tell you which options are more feasible before getting too far into deciding a lighting scheme.
October 10, 2013 at 1:22am   
Did I make the right call?
I have added new backsplash. In my eyes I believe...
Your favourite colour combo?
I'm currently into yellow + grey interiors, it's a...
Need help on the best method to secure two thick wood without joints
I am looking for advice on how to secure two pieces...
How to achieve a classic/ elegant/ chic decor ( key pieces)
Please, help me to decor/ furnish my living room.
What size and position of window would work well here?
We want to replace a door that used to go out from...