Dark grey kitchen cabinets
Jamie Rodebush
I love dark grey kitchen cabinets, but what color should I paint the walls? My kitchen: dining: and formal living are all open to one another.... I love the butcher block countertops also... Help me get a color scheme please!!
Rina
Hi Jamie. A picture of the kitchen would help -- eg is there a lot of wall, or only a little? I like soft yellow with dark grey -- buttery colours -- as well as sandy/light stone colours and some creams. But there are plenty of options. Pictures of the dining and living areas would also be useful so that one can look at the flow of colour. Are you thinking of painting in those areas too, or should the kitchen work with them as they are?
October 10, 2013 at 1:39AM   
Cotterpine
Light grey, dark grey and white might work perfectly well.
You can add a textured wall or bright glass splashback too (traditional or contemporary style). To avoid the cold feeling of greys and whites, add colours and natural surfaces that will bring a warm feel to the place.
Natural surfaces like wooden worktops combined with white ones, or quartz feature wall. (note: be careful when choosing wood as worktop!)
Bright colour can be add as kitchen utensils or a couple of red candle vases. Something that also connect with dinning area will be optimal.
Overall colour scheme depends on size, but I would say: Dark grey units + light grey or white walls + wooden/white worktop + red in details. Hope it helps.
October 11, 2013 at 4:17AM   
Hallway office
I really need help to make this look pretty, but calm....
Help with setting up a narrow rectangle living room/ dining room combo
Hello, I am looking for some designer insight as to...
Need help picking a kitchen sink?
Can't decide what kind of sink to purchase to go with...
stair kicks and base board design
hi houzzers - need your opinion and suggestions please!...
Landscape for small front yard
Landscape ideas for small front yard. Please help...