Help with remodel kitchen, living, master bedroom

Patricia BatynskiOctober 10, 2013
Hi All,

I'm new to community & was wondering if I could get some help on my remodel any comments, suggestions all welcome. Re best functionality. I am currently turning my bedroom to a kitchen & kitchen to a bedroom. This is my plan.
baker_007
I'm sorry, but this is a bigggggg N O in my book. You need to have more open space, add a half wall in your kitchen/entrance and it'll look better & those doors in the living room? Have them open out, add a little art & color! Colors effect a lot look into it, this is a wonderful start though.
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by Patricia Batynski    October 10, 2013 at 3:22AM
OnePlan
I Would say this is an interesting idea ! Having a dining table and bar seating, and casual seating, is stealing away precious kitchen furniture space though - which are the priority ones and which could you live without ?
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by Patricia Batynski    October 10, 2013 at 3:46AM
Patricia Batynski
Thank you Baker & Oneplan. The half wall is interesting concept & one I did not think about but after further consideration I'm looking at this design & if I were to put in a half wall still there's little space may be crowded. The kitchen island will now have a stone quartz waterfall as a feature. Sorry the program I'm using to draw has basic features only it is not the actual kitchen. I appreciate all your comments. I posted here because I got a drafting designer out & he was absolutely useless so I've come to the forum in the hope I can finally fix my 1970"s home to give it flow & functionality. Thanks so much I so appreciate your help!
1 Like    Bookmark   October 10, 2013 at 2:06PM
Patricia Batynski
I've added some 3D pictures of my design for any comment.
1 Like    Bookmark   October 10, 2013 at 2:25PM
OnePlan
hi ! wow ! that's a lot of bread rolls !! tee hee !! I do like island kitchens ! might be a good idea to double check that it will give you enough storage compared with what you have at present though ! it's a good size - there are many connotations for a room that size ! Sad to hear your designer wasn't up to scratch ... I work remotely from UK via email if you are looking for a new one ! ( sorry - blatant plug !)
to design a kitchen that sort of size, would be approx £450 ... ( about $719 ) don't know how that compares with US design charges ?! be interesting to know !!
    Bookmark   October 14, 2013 at 12:14AM
Not crazy about the dead end space behind the kitchen peninsula.
    Bookmark   October 14, 2013 at 5:01AM
Marin, CA Complete Master Bedroom and Bathroom Remodel
Our Marin Residence remodel features a fireplace that...
Dawson & Clinton
Need help with a Master Bedroom / Master Bath re-design!
Our home was built in 1977 and is a rancher style that...
Darius
Help with Master Bedroom/Bathroom remodel
I have laid dark hardwood floors, painted walls and...
lisakh
Christopher Onyemaechi
Please help with master bedroom on a BUDGET!
I posted na week or so ago but think in my post was...
jturner2urf
Window treatments?
Our new construction home isn't finished yet, but being...
Amanda
Help with Kitchen counter stool designs
Help. I am in the final stages of my Beach house Kitchen...
Lisa
Need help cheering up a dark kitchen
I got such good ideas on my tiny bathroom, now I present...
domesticimpostor
Will these choices work????
Went to Ethan Allen shopping for new living room furniture...
Ann