Help with remodel kitchen, living, master bedroom

Patricia BatynskiOctober 10, 2013
Hi All,

I'm new to community & was wondering if I could get some help on my remodel any comments, suggestions all welcome. Re best functionality. I am currently turning my bedroom to a kitchen & kitchen to a bedroom. This is my plan.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
baker_007
I'm sorry, but this is a bigggggg N O in my book. You need to have more open space, add a half wall in your kitchen/entrance and it'll look better & those doors in the living room? Have them open out, add a little art & color! Colors effect a lot look into it, this is a wonderful start though.
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by Patricia Batynski    October 10, 2013 at 3:22AM
PRO
OnePlan
I Would say this is an interesting idea ! Having a dining table and bar seating, and casual seating, is stealing away precious kitchen furniture space though - which are the priority ones and which could you live without ?
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by Patricia Batynski    October 10, 2013 at 3:46AM
Patricia Batynski
Thank you Baker & Oneplan. The half wall is interesting concept & one I did not think about but after further consideration I'm looking at this design & if I were to put in a half wall still there's little space may be crowded. The kitchen island will now have a stone quartz waterfall as a feature. Sorry the program I'm using to draw has basic features only it is not the actual kitchen. I appreciate all your comments. I posted here because I got a drafting designer out & he was absolutely useless so I've come to the forum in the hope I can finally fix my 1970"s home to give it flow & functionality. Thanks so much I so appreciate your help!
1 Like    Bookmark   October 10, 2013 at 2:06PM
Patricia Batynski
I've added some 3D pictures of my design for any comment.
1 Like    Bookmark   October 10, 2013 at 2:25PM
PRO
OnePlan
hi ! wow ! that's a lot of bread rolls !! tee hee !! I do like island kitchens ! might be a good idea to double check that it will give you enough storage compared with what you have at present though ! it's a good size - there are many connotations for a room that size ! Sad to hear your designer wasn't up to scratch ... I work remotely from UK via email if you are looking for a new one ! ( sorry - blatant plug !)
to design a kitchen that sort of size, would be approx £450 ... ( about $719 ) don't know how that compares with US design charges ?! be interesting to know !!
    Bookmark   October 14, 2013 at 12:14AM
PRO
Dytecture
Not crazy about the dead end space behind the kitchen peninsula.
    Bookmark   October 14, 2013 at 5:01AM