Help with entryway
susanpaulyshyn
Any suggestions for the screen/ storm door? The aluminum door has to be replaced. Would like something in character with the home and suitable for climate (snow in winter). Also paint colour for interior door - thinking of a warm red. Ideas?
Wow, what a lovely porch. I'm thinking of some of the doors I've seen that would help echo the heritage windows in the sunporch - just a light on top [houzz=
] like this simple frame would do a lot, or go to a simple open shaker full glass front storm door there since you have security behind it.

In this light the trim and shutters look like a faded maroon / kind of red-brown, against the gray stucco / pargino the block and a faded maroon brick facade. I'd think outside you want to match that for the storm, but for your front door, what about a pretty silvery gray? Something like bm gull wing gray http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/gullwinggray - you might even take craft metallic paint to any indentations or wood relief as a kind of antiquing to highlight what is pretty about it - that will repeat but not match the gray walls outside, but be neutral enough when you keep the front door open. You might take a deeper shade of gray to the open stair outside 1/2 water 1/2 paint and wash the wood - whale gray is a good one to try. It will just help that stair stand up to the snow a bit . .
October 11, 2013 at 6:01pm     
brickln
You neighbor's door is perfect. I'd paint it to match the trim and find a cheery, yellow based color for the interior door.
October 12, 2013 at 2:29am     
susanpaulyshyn
Thanks. I like the idea of matching the storm door to the porch. However the stucco colour is more green than gray- mountain elk (behr) so not sure about the silvery gray colour for steps and interior door. Thoughts?
October 12, 2013 at 2:40am   
brickln
I would paint the steps and landing charcoal gray and the remainder the color of the trim. The interior front door still could be yellow, but a green would work.
October 12, 2013 at 6:02pm   
A deeper tone than the mountain elk . . dovetail might be a bit purple undertone for that . . . look at sw messenger bag - or go to behr and get the next tone down from mountain elk

Front door between the burgundy and the olive . . . a pretty oakmoss tone? test sw lemon verbena http://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/find-and-explore-colors/paint-colors-by-family/SW7726-lemon-verbena/ - pretty against the burgundy and will sing harmony with the khaki brown greens - a bit vintage in feel
October 12, 2013 at 10:24pm   
Help needed for an interesting & stubborn entryway....help please.
We are in the process of updating our new home - the...
Help i need some help defining this entryway.
There really is no room for much since you walk right...
Need help selecting the size and style of front entryway chandelier!
I have a two story center hall colonial, 10 year old...
Help with entryway
My entry way needs help! I have the Mirror I want to...
Entryway Help
As of today we have been living in our home for a year!...
I need help in my foyer
I have a really big ledge in my new foyer. It's about...
Plaster walls with too much texture
I have plaster walls in a bathroom in my 1929-built...
Columns in the middle of a living room! Help??
My Aunt is moving to a new house and the only problem...
saving money on painting work
We are considering remodeling a 1929 Tudor house and...
White painted kitchen needs a redo, help!
I need to know what the best paint type and finish...