Help with entryway

susanpaulyshynOctober 10, 2013
Any suggestions for the screen/ storm door? The aluminum door has to be replaced. Would like something in character with the home and suitable for climate (snow in winter). Also paint colour for interior door - thinking of a warm red. Ideas?
Wow, what a lovely porch. I'm thinking of some of the doors I've seen that would help echo the heritage windows in the sunporch - just a light on top [houzz=
Greenlake Craftsman · More Info
] like this simple frame would do a lot, or go to a simple open shaker full glass front storm door there since you have security behind it.

In this light the trim and shutters look like a faded maroon / kind of red-brown, against the gray stucco / pargino the block and a faded maroon brick facade. I'd think outside you want to match that for the storm, but for your front door, what about a pretty silvery gray? Something like bm gull wing gray http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/gullwinggray - you might even take craft metallic paint to any indentations or wood relief as a kind of antiquing to highlight what is pretty about it - that will repeat but not match the gray walls outside, but be neutral enough when you keep the front door open. You might take a deeper shade of gray to the open stair outside 1/2 water 1/2 paint and wash the wood - whale gray is a good one to try. It will just help that stair stand up to the snow a bit . .
1 Like    Bookmark   October 11, 2013 at 6:01PM
brickln
You neighbor's door is perfect. I'd paint it to match the trim and find a cheery, yellow based color for the interior door.
1 Like    Bookmark   October 12, 2013 at 2:29AM
susanpaulyshyn
Thanks. I like the idea of matching the storm door to the porch. However the stucco colour is more green than gray- mountain elk (behr) so not sure about the silvery gray colour for steps and interior door. Thoughts?
    Bookmark   October 12, 2013 at 2:40AM
brickln
I would paint the steps and landing charcoal gray and the remainder the color of the trim. The interior front door still could be yellow, but a green would work.
    Bookmark   October 12, 2013 at 6:02PM
A deeper tone than the mountain elk . . dovetail might be a bit purple undertone for that . . . look at sw messenger bag - or go to behr and get the next tone down from mountain elk

Front door between the burgundy and the olive . . . a pretty oakmoss tone? test sw lemon verbena http://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/find-and-explore-colors/paint-colors-by-family/SW7726-lemon-verbena/ - pretty against the burgundy and will sing harmony with the khaki brown greens - a bit vintage in feel
    Bookmark   October 12, 2013 at 10:24PM
Need help with entryway.
I would love some advice on improving the appearance...
lisasiennap
Need help for entryway stairs
Hi there, We are in the process of building our...
aida84
need help back entryway, walls worn badly
what types of product can i use to cover easily,and...
lynnmcneil
Please help our entryway!
Hi y'all ! I want to transform this small entryway....
Jill Lindsey
Need help with Entryway
I need help with decorating my entryway. Currently...
audzchow
NEW CABIN needs correct colors!!
this "modern" living room doesn't have any...
cegladstein
tear down? paint? what do I do?
any suggestions on what I can do with this ugly thing?...
lindzblake
tinted varnish vs painted white cabinets?
We want a near white cabinet and are considering Fieldstone...
balesd1
Is it too much to mix cabinet styles and colors in kitchen?
I will have dark walnut stained floors in my kitchen...
cosmo248
Cabinets
How important are overhead cabinets? Are they worth...
Brenda