Bedroom design, not sure if it flows, ensuite and walkin opposite ends
Darcy Kirk
October 10, 2013 in Design Dilemma
we have a small 3 bedroom bungalow, we would like to turn two bedrooms into one large with an en-suite and walk in closet.
The cost of plumbing and destruction of a developed basement to keep our bedroom in the back of house is extreme
A win win solution is en suite at one end, bedroom in middle and walk in closet at other end.
Most designs are the en suite and closet in the same area (at same end), would our design be way off?
The flow would be en suite, bedroom, walk in.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Debp
I think if it works in your situation it would be just fine. Our last house had them separated. Good luck with your reno.
1 Like   Thanked by Darcy Kirk    October 10, 2013 at 11:33PM
Darzy
They are all connected? Where would the entrance door be? Can you show a diagram?
0 Likes   Thanked by Darcy Kirk    October 10, 2013 at 11:34PM
Darcy Kirk
this is the idea
0 Likes   October 11, 2013 at 12:17AM
PRO
ASVInteriors
How about walking into your bathroom via your walk in (ie switching the bed and the walk-in?). I am thinking of someone coming out of the shower and having to walk across the bedroom to get dressed which is not very practical.

A side thought is that your toilet seems awfully close to your sinks - is this just a topographical design?
0 Likes   Thanked by Darcy Kirk    October 11, 2013 at 1:05AM
Darcy Kirk
Yes the drawing is not to scale, this is the only design that does not break the bank due to plumbing issues. To put the en suite any place else is a $4000 premium. We also don't want the bedroom where the walk in is, that is the front of the house. (noise)
We are worried that such a design would affect the marketability when it come times to sell.
I guess your comment "not very practical" sums it up. Don't want to make a 25,000 dollar mistake.
0 Likes   October 11, 2013 at 2:16AM
PRO
ASVInteriors
That is quite a predicament. Have you thought about installing phonic insulation on your windows. The price won't break the bank but will allow you more design 'freedom".
0 Likes   October 11, 2013 at 2:22AM
More Discussions
Any ideas on how to decorate this huge fireplace?
This surround is around 24 inches deep and 55 inches...
Paint colors for strange library with many windows
I need paint color suggestions. This strange room has...
need help for living room in my apartment
8 meters length 4 meters width with a large window...
New house build - last one we will ever have
Trying to build on 5 virgin acres in south Texas in...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2014 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™