Ideas needed for neatening computers in home office
sugaapple
Hi, I'm doing over my husband's office at home and need help with storing the tech stuff so that it's neat and not the jumble that it currently is. He works with 3 CPUs, 2 large monitor screens and has several routers and power strips and a few miles of cords and cables. There are also 2 printers.
The room is about 12*14 with the door and window nearly opposite each other on the long sides. I'm going to be putting a wall of built ins on one short wall for books with cabinets at he bottom for filing cabinets and storage. I'm giving him a big desk to work on but not too big or stuff will collect. The desk will face the window (which is shaded from glare by a tree) but I am stymied with where to put the CPUs and cables. Need ideas please.
Laurence Tillett
It would help to have pics of room and the "stuff", but I'm thinking a long "box" at back of desk (up against the wall) that has a pull down panel. Stuff all the cords under it...they will be concealed and if you have some holes cut in the front panel, he can pull down sections of it to get to his cords. get an electrician or handyman to put multiple outlets behind that box on the wall.
October 13, 2013 at 4:20am   
Agreed, photos and a floor plan would be helpful.
October 13, 2013 at 4:53am   
dclostboy
Have to recommend new wireless peripherals...wireless keyboard, mouse and printer will drastically cut clutter.
October 13, 2013 at 4:58am     
Agree with dclostboy plus many of the elements such as the printer can be hidden somewhere else.
October 13, 2013 at 6:00am   
Need Help Landscaping Brick Ranch
We cannot stand the front landscaping - rocks/pebbles...
Pool Deck Repair - See Attached Pics
We bought our first house (40 year old) in Dallas ,...
Family room decorating
Looking for advice in picking console table for this...
Slate for shower walls
Does this pose problems for cleaning or any other concerns?...