Need help with master bath layout
3smithchicks
We are currently remodeling our master bedroom and master bath area. We are adding a 12' x 14' area that you will see labeled as "master bath area". We would like layout help placing 2 separate vanities, a 4' x 6' tub, a 4' x 5' shower, and a dressing table. We would like two windows that look into our yard (also shown in pic. We would like a warming drawer somewhere and a cabinet or two. Thanks for any help you can give and we will try to answer your questions.
sstarr
why is the tub supposed to be 4 x 6???
October 12, 2013 at 2:42pm   
3smithchicks
well, it really doesnt have to be
October 12, 2013 at 2:44pm     
sstarr
ok, that would be a drop-in tub... and you'd be open to a freestanding tub?
October 12, 2013 at 3:04pm   
3smithchicks
no, i really dont want a free standing.... cleaning around them would be awful.. just an under mounted would be fine
October 12, 2013 at 3:07pm   
suzanne_m
This may be one option:
October 13, 2013 at 9:46pm        Thanked by 3smithchicks
Heather Godsey-Davis
Could yall tell me how to get drawing tools like the one you both used here. I would love to give my input, but not sure how ~thanks
October 13, 2013 at 10:30pm      Thanked by 3smithchicks
suzanne_m
Heather, I am using Visio from Microsoft. If you would like, you can give your input and I will try to draw it with the tool I am using.
October 13, 2013 at 10:33pm   
Heather Godsey-Davis
Ok great! What I was thinking is similar to what you posted above.... I like the vanities where they are. But the one on the right, make it an 'L' shape. The other side of that 'L' could be make-up vanity.
Switch the shower and tub
now that shower is on left, move it up some and put toilet behind (outside corner of house)
October 13, 2013 at 10:53pm      Thanked by 3smithchicks
suzanne_m
Heather Let me know if I misunderstood something. I also took the liberty of making another one that is just flip from the first one. I though it would give just a little bit more space between the vanity and the make-up area because the left side is slightly wider than the left side. Plus you can add more windows and I believe 3smithchicks wants windows on that wall. I am not sure how many or how big though.

It is 2:20 am. I am going to bed now but I will check in in the morning and make the corrections.
October 13, 2013 at 11:20pm        Thanked by 3smithchicks
Iris Krall
This is what I would do with that humungous bathroom. A bit like suzanne-m's right hand version but different. The bath is on the south wall near the new window for a bit of serene bathing with a view. There's two vanity units side by side on the 'west' wall and there's a walk in shower, with openings each end, which occupies almost all of the 'east' wall this also creates a toilet cubicle at the very end, south of that. I'm trying to work out how to post a floorplan of this but with no luck so far.
October 14, 2013 at 2:22am      Thanked by 3smithchicks
Iris Krall
No no no I got that compleeetly the wrong way around. The bath is on the south wall with the 4ft along the west wall and the 6ft along the south wall. The two vanity units are along the west wall and.......actually I got that pretty much right first time :-D
October 14, 2013 at 2:25am      Thanked by 3smithchicks
suzanne_m
There is another option below that gives you a view to the tub and shower from the entrance. I must say that between my first layout and this one, I prefer the first one.

3smithchicks, I don't know if moving the toilet is an option but if it is, the configuration below will offer a better use of space in the closet.
October 14, 2013 at 7:24am      Thanked by 3smithchicks
suzanne_m
This is another option:
October 14, 2013 at 8:00am        Thanked by 3smithchicks
3smithchicks
thats a really good idea about the toilette. who would have thought arranging a bathroom would be so difficult we are appreciating all the great ideas! they are helping
October 14, 2013 at 8:11am   
suzanne_m
By removing the toilet from the closet, you could enlarge the entrance of the bathroom and bedroom. You just need to leave enough wall to install a vanity on the blue wall show in the drawing below.
October 14, 2013 at 8:34am      Thanked by 3smithchicks
Heather Godsey-Davis
I did not notice, before, that there was a toilet already in its own closet. I would leave that there. Have always wanted that in my house. In which case, im loving suzanne's first drawing the most
October 14, 2013 at 9:08am      Thanked by 3smithchicks
suzanne_m
Heather, you must have found it a bit strange that I was not including a toilet in the bathroom in my first drawing :)
October 14, 2013 at 9:15am   
Iris Krall
I'd leave the lavvy too and create another one. I prefer my layout ;-P especially with a walk-in shower when there's room and I don't know what a warming drawer is or what it's for.
October 15, 2013 at 6:28am   
Heather Godsey-Davis
Strange, yes. Should have known it was ME who was missing something! Sorry about that
October 15, 2013 at 10:00am   
suzanne_m
Now that you realize that there is already a toilet, if you want to suggest something else, I will be please to draw it for you.
October 15, 2013 at 7:36pm   
Heather Godsey-Davis
At this time, I cant think of anything better than what you and iris have already contributed
October 15, 2013 at 7:57pm   
Martin Siwy
Think about steam in your shower.
October 15, 2013 at 8:47pm   
Denise Marchand
Take your own breath away each time you enter your bath. Taking away the box, it will become a dreamy, functional environment. Since most of us have a typical bathroom, if I had a chance to design everything head to toe, this is what I would do: Some of the pics show marble mosaic floor details. As you know, it's all in the details.
October 16, 2013 at 12:08am        Thanked by 3smithchicks
Denise Marchand
Here is another floor detail. The medallion should be centered on the entrance to the bath and the windows and work out from there. (Basically centered on the room). Also the windows are to be 12" from ceiling and 12" from floor. About the shower: center the wall on the tub to house the plumbing for the tub and the other side for the shower. Install frameless clear glass on both sides of the plumbing wall to keep in heat and prevent everything from getting wet, and still accomodate the view from the window. Install an overhead shower head. I have my Mr. Bubbles ready!
October 16, 2013 at 12:10am      Thanked by 3smithchicks
3smithchicks
really liking all the marble. was thinking about using Carrera marble.. yes i am very excited about getting to add on a whole bath room and can design it from head to toe. Earlier someone asked what a warming drawer was. Instead of a warming towel rack..its a drawer that can warm towels, robes, whatever. Much like a food warming drawer. They are not that expensive and it sounds like a very nice lux. I am also installing floor heaters under the tile :). just having a really hard time with the lay out..trying to get lots of light and function. For some reason i dont like it when the dressing table is connected to the vanity. The diff. heights together bugs me. i am loving all the response . Thank all of y'all. yes i am from the south. :)
October 16, 2013 at 6:27am     
Heather Godsey-Davis
Lol... yep, me too! Im in Texas!
October 16, 2013 at 7:28am      Thanked by 3smithchicks
Denise Marchand
I do agree with you about the vanity. Here is a revised plan. I don't know what your style is, mine is classic contemporary, but here is a darling vanity that caught my eye. Have fun, and don't forget to post your new bath for all of us to see!
October 16, 2013 at 3:07pm   
Denise Marchand
Sorry, not paying attention. Here is the revised plan.
October 16, 2013 at 3:10pm      Thanked by 3smithchicks
Denise Marchand
I don't know why I keep thinking of this bath. . . You have brought up more natural light several times. Install a round or square skylight directly above the floor design, centered in the room. Voila!
October 16, 2013 at 3:12pm      Thanked by 3smithchicks
Need help with my Master Bath layout
1.) Attached is the Master Bath plan. This is the...
Need help with master bath layout
Hello Houzz - I am relatively new here and just love...
We need help with our new master bath layout
We are adding a new master bedroom and changing our...
Need help with small master bath layout ideas
Hello. We need help getting the most out of this small...
shower remodel
We are replacing a 36" x 36" fiberglass shower in our...
Wolf/Viking or Kitchenaid?
Just got a quote for a 36" cooktop and hood, built...
Ugly bed dilemma
My in-laws gave us their old bed frame to use in our...
Backsplash proportions need help
I am trying to figure out how to proportion our backsplash....
Living room ideas!
Hi all! Here's our living room. I would love ideas...