Do classic chandeliers have a place in modern homes?
claperry
I'm currently decorating my Victorian mid terraced house. The house has traditional features e.g picture rail and pieces of coving. We want to style the rooms with modern furniture and I really want to have a classic white chandelier. Do you think it would look odd? I can't find any photos on houzz with this kind of mix.
Cynthia Taylor-Luce
It sounds wonderful. When you choose your chandelier, look for something that's "unfussy" and which will bridge traditional and modern. Modern Chandeliers Echelon 9-Light Chandelier Modern Crystal Chandelier Pendant Light in Chrome Finish
October 14, 2013 at 12:47pm     
mmilos
MIxing traditional and contemporary is a great way to keep it interesting.

Check this room out:

The key is to have a balance of both styles.
October 14, 2013 at 12:49pm     
Lights Online
Classic chandeliers definitely do have a place in modern homes! Here is an example of an all-white chandelier in a room that sounds like something you might like to see. This is the Feiss Chateau Blanc, available here: http://www.lightsonline.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/product.guidedBrowse?filter=Mjk5MTI2Nyw4NTc1Mzg=
October 14, 2013 at 12:50pm     
Whispar Design
Mixing old with new is quite common. When you say traditional white chandelier - do you mean solid white with crystal accents? Do you have any photos of lights you have considered?
October 14, 2013 at 12:51pm   
claperry
I'm really open to ideas. I do like this chandelier but I can't envisage it in the room. Our floor will be dark wood and the walls a bluey/grey/purple colour
October 14, 2013 at 1:08pm   
Whispar Design
If you like the idea of having a traditional chandelier, consider getting one with more contemporary features. Here is one what does have the white you want but also adds clear crystal, black crystal, and polished chrome elements. Definetly a statement piece.

October 14, 2013 at 3:04pm     
dclostboy
Here's my bedroom with Murano chandelier.
October 14, 2013 at 3:15pm     
dclostboy
I also put a small solid black one in my powder room.
October 14, 2013 at 3:15pm   
Cat Rowe
Yes! I am convinced by the gorgeous examples others have provided! Bravo to all!
October 14, 2013 at 4:10pm     
claperry
Thank you everyone that's made me feel a lot more confident. Brenda - I really like your second example (pic with the bath). Do you know where this chandelier is from?
October 15, 2013 at 5:16am   
claperry
October 15, 2013 at 5:16am   
Brenda
no, sorry, I don't. it's a picture I found on Houzz. Someone asked where the chandelier was from, but the question was never answered.
October 15, 2013 at 9:32am   
Collette Tattman
I spray painted my old chandelier and took away some crystals. I should have taken the pic with the light off! I also did one for my daughter
October 16, 2013 at 12:00pm     
What color should I paint this small bedroom?
Main floor is getting painted next week. Mostly SW...
need help selecting ceiling fans
I have three rooms that need ceiling fans....is there...
Please HELP! Decorating the Living Room...
Hello everyone, I am hoping to get some advice on...
NEW HOME.....BLANK SLATE!
We recently moved in and am ready to decorate! I have...
Help, I'm not sure what kind of backsplash to do...
This is my kitchen, it opens up into the dining room...