Lounge
wessie2
Hi Houzz, I please need your help . I recently bought a townhouse and my lounge has a triangle ending on the one side and I am looking to place a sofa/couch there but the angle is really awkward. I need to know how can I place the sofa or what type of design will fit me best. See photos attached . The photos were taken when I redone the wooden floors .
Maguire
I think we need to see a picture of the entire room, not just the floor. Is that a kitchen in the corner? I don't see the triangle area you're referring to.
October 14, 2013 at 10:56pm   
wessie2
Yes that is the kitchen . See layout attached . Please ignore all the numbers and see lounge layout
October 14, 2013 at 11:09pm   
Maguire
Oh, I see. None of the corners are right angles. Will you have a TV or Fireplace?
Assuming you will not, I'd place a sofa on the wall with the '3' on it near the back window and add a couple of comfortable chairs. If you have a TV it can go on the wall with the 5. Difficult to get a sense of the size of the room.
October 14, 2013 at 11:34pm   
wessie2
Yes that's the idea but the challenge is with the sofa . If we put our current sofa against the wall it sits a bit strange because it's not a straight angle and if we bring the couch forward there is dead space at the back .
October 14, 2013 at 11:47pm   
can you put a sofa table behind it. This "explains" the dead space and is also a good opportunity to add lamps for reading
October 15, 2013 at 12:08am   
wessie2
No you will not be able to fit a table behind it . We are planning to place a floor lamp in the corner
October 15, 2013 at 12:25am   
Maguire
Until there's a sofa make to fit that space you'll have to live with an odd angle behind the sofa. The room looks to small to pull furniture into the room and float it. Perhaps the lamp can fit behind it, otherwise it's wasted space. A very unusual home with all the strange angles. What was the reason for not building it with 90 degree angles?
October 15, 2013 at 8:07am   
Curved sofa? No sofas and armchairs and poufs? Trying to leave no stone unturned.
October 15, 2013 at 11:55am     
wessie2
I thinks the structure was build to accolade the view see photo
October 16, 2013 at 1:50am   
Wow that is worth the pain.
I found this which might give some ideas - although it doesn't resolve your problem

With such a beautiful view, and if I understand the plan correctly, try placing the sofa facing outwards creating a "corridor" between your kitchen and the back of the sofa. This will allow you to place smaller chairs in the angle areas. Could this work for you?
October 16, 2013 at 2:17am     
wessie2
ASV thank you so much for your advise . I am going with your suggestion that will work . I will decorate it with a vintage radio
October 16, 2013 at 10:02am     
paint colour - grey and beige??
The home we're moving into is "glidden basic beige."...
Just moved in and need help! Blank slate!
19x21 room with lots of potential! Need help with...
Really struggling with this small dining room!
I am starting a new thread with updated pictures for...
Objects de art on kitchen cabinets
My kitchen cabinets do not meet the ceiling. I have...
Need Help For My Bedroom Wall paint color !
I have this wallpaper on wall behind the bed, the furniture...