Color suggestions wanted!

seeker2013October 15, 2013
I am seeking to repaint my dining room, kitchen and possibly my great room. You can see I have Concord Ivory sampled on the dining room wall. Right now there is a pale yellow color from Davoe paints I am over which carries throughout the home. The rooms are visible one to the other so I am trying to coordinate. I am looking also to paint the trey ceiling in both dining room and great room. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. (Most photos were taken at night, sorry!)
Suggesting this because I think a dark color in the tray over the sofa might look really good.

Kaleen Helena Odyusseus 2' x 3' Brown Rug · More Info

Find a brown paint in the color of the sofa and paint that brown in the trays in both rooms. (The brown I posted is Van Vuren brown…it is very dark like your sofa, but reads lighter and pinker on your screen).

Paint all the walls BM Minced Onion (Regal matte).

Paint all the woodwork (semi-gloss) and the ceilings (flat) BM Simply white.

For an accent color used something close to BM blue porcelain.
Sterling Pointe Redesign · More Info
2 Likes    Bookmark   Thanked by seeker2013    October 15, 2013 at 10:39AM
I was thinking similar for the ceiling. Metallic copper look paint?
    Bookmark   October 15, 2013 at 10:51AM
robinfroel
I do not agree with the original poster, your colors do not seem to be brown/ blue/ cream. You seem to like warm colors, (brown, orange, gold, etc.) I think if anything can tie your living room together it would be a tan or beige color, I'd stick with the same color for the trey ceiling. Not sure I agree with the gold in the kitchen, but it could work. It's hard to tell in the lighting you provided.
    Bookmark   October 15, 2013 at 5:54PM
Love the Ivory wall. I like the grays. By Benjamin Moore. Get samples. A backsplash in kitchen would be nice. And panels on windows, ends only. Ceilings just darker shades of walls. A charcoal on top and 2 shades darker than walls on sides. Would be striking.
    Bookmark   October 15, 2013 at 5:59PM
All rooms the same.
    Bookmark   October 15, 2013 at 6:00PM
Stainless mosaic backsplash.
    Bookmark   October 15, 2013 at 6:01PM
shaniquajones
I got a better idea from your space when I saw the photos on your page as they were upright. Your living room is great except I think you erred by getting a dark coffee table opposite your dark sofa. I do think a beige would be fine in their and use the same color on the ceiling. As for your dining room/ kitchen, if you stick with the gold color, I think grey goes really nicely with gold. I'd test grey against your kitchen cabinets and if you find a shade that works, I think grey would go nicely for your trey ceiling.

The tree wall art is really nice, but be careful with too dark a wall color or it will look like a big blah.

I also think you should consider swapping out your dining chairs. Again, too dark with the dark table. Good luck!
1 Like    Bookmark   October 16, 2013 at 12:03PM
shaniquajones
Also I think travis is right, some window panels would help break up all that wood.
    Bookmark   October 16, 2013 at 12:16PM
seeker2013
I held up some charcoal paint chips and I do like the combination of that with the gold, thank you for the suggestion. I'm just anxious about painting a ceiling charcoal!

I like shaniqua's suggestion to a lighter color chair, I was planning on doing that regardless.

My table is difficult because there's a lot of colors in there.
    Bookmark   October 16, 2013 at 4:36PM
grantfromga
Concord Ivory tends to look really gold in artificial light and really yellow in natural light. Just keep that in mind. I'd recommend something in the tan/beige family for the room with orange accents.
    Bookmark   October 16, 2013 at 7:52PM
LB Interiors
I would use a light to mid-tone warm tan or camel for paint. Add accents in pillows and accessories in red, or cinnamon, yellow and blue. The tray ceiling in one shade darker.
Maybe a shade lighter than below
camel hair CSP-285 · More Info
    Bookmark   October 16, 2013 at 10:17PM
grantfromga
Yes, I think that camel hair color posted above would be great. The dining room still needs some finishing though, perhaps a narrow buffet in a different texture to the table, blinds and barstools (not wood).
    Bookmark   October 17, 2013 at 4:11AM
benvenuto1980
I have always found that pecan color wood blind very hard to match outside a neutral tone. I am not sure I agree with the gold. Your cabinets are also very hard to match, I know I am not being much help!
    Bookmark   October 17, 2013 at 4:50PM
HELP! Bar top suggestions wanted
HELP! I'm stuck on bar top material decision and I...
Megz
Want to reprint trim in darker colors for updated look. Suggestions?
Current window, bays, garage doors and gutters are...
seem12
Want a bright, modern color scheme in kitchen-Suggestions?
We are about to begin our kitchen renovation and needed...
samihome
Color help??
I have a large brick craftsman style fireplace (which...
littleimp
Family Room Remodel - Paint Woodwork?
We are remodeling our 16 x 33 ft family room in our...
zekeross
Do you love your pot filler?
I'm thinking of including a pot filler in my kitchen...
barrowp
Hate my new granite!!! This whole process has been a nightmare-TAKE2
Hi All- I need help pulling my kitchen together! The...
mhaber22
Dining room advice
I need staging advice for my dining room. Is it too...
angelcreek11