Help Me Get Mounted Ducks Out of the Bedroom!!

hacketts24October 15, 2013
I'm moving into my fiancé’s house and all the wall decor in the bedroom is duck related (3 hand-drawn prints of ducks and 2 stuffed and mounted ducks hanging on the wall). He's willing to compromise on some items, but the mounted ducks in particular are going to be a sticking point because they are new so he's still very proud of them, I actually had them mounted for him b/c he was so excited about the hunt (wishing I'd had more foresight), and the only place in the house that isn't a space where guest go is our bedroom. We have an unfinished basement, so if I suggest sticking them down there, I might as well ask him to box them up. I don't want them in a "public" space, but I also don't want to have to stare at them before falling asleep each night. Any suggestions?? Please help!
Lampert Dias Architects, Inc.
I agree that you don't want to be looking at dead ducks from your bed........I suggest that you put them in the guest room.....Do you have a guest room?
If this room is decorated like a traditional masculine den, then the ducks can go in there.
1 Like    Bookmark   October 15, 2013 at 9:44PM
sunnydrew
http://www.houzz.com/discussions/623750/Can-you-think-of-Anything-better--- You should look at this dilemma thread. I would say that the bedroom should be the last place to have them, if it unsettles you in any way. You may want to have a serious talk about it.
1 Like    Bookmark   October 15, 2013 at 9:46PM
Do you have a staircase going upstairs (or downstairs to the basement) , I think collections are best gathered into one place and filled on a wall with ledges or frames or both. Failing that if you have a guest WC just make it the Duck Room. But explain to him that the collective impact is so much better than dotted around the house.
1 Like    Bookmark   October 16, 2013 at 12:35AM
Uh oh! I just read the draper09 dilemma who seems to have gone awol after a slew of varying suggestions. I suggest you get your whisky ready this may be a long thread!
1 Like    Bookmark   October 16, 2013 at 3:12AM
edithsmom
Lkdrew, I forgot about that post...can't wait to read how this one turns out
    Bookmark   October 16, 2013 at 11:17AM
Help me pic out colors
This is my guest bedroom. Until now, I've always had...
Marci Stagner
Help me lay out the children's gym!
I'm planning an indoor sensory gym and need help with...
danjou
Need Help with Master Bedroom mounting tv above dresser vs mirror
My husband and I are considering mounting our new flat...
jpandolfo
Help me sort my bedroom out!
I've recently moved into a new house, and prior to...
S McC
Help me salvage this budget bedroom update!
So. Our master bedroom. After two year here, we finally...
Laura
modern but private landscaping needed
Recently bought a corner lot midcentury modern home...
jmeyer04
Help! I want a dreamy, cozy bedroom. Any advice ?
Maybe two chairs at the end of the bed? Love seat?
ginayy
Kitchen Cabinet Pulls
Is there a rule of thumb to follow when selecting cabinet...
dbshealy
Need help for my kitchen
I have travertine kitchen floors. I would like to...
pocurull