TV above fireplace - TV components?
missrei
NOT to start another debate on whether flat screen TVs belong above fireplaces...due to the shape of our LR and location of door walls and fireplace, we have decided to place our flat screen TV above the fireplace. The fireplace surround (brick) only protrudes 4" from the wall, and one side is 14" from a corner, with a floor vent in between. All in all, there really is no good way to incorporate the TV components in the mantle area, nor does the area seem suited for built in shelving to accommodate 4+ components with around 18" depth. We are leaning towards a minimalist floating tower with glass shelves in the space between fireplace and corner...

So (finally!) I would love to pick the community's brains about storing TV components gracefully in the LR. Thanks in advance!
annewilcox
Do anything to hide them! And also all of the cords! It is possible. Be creative
0 Likes   October 16, 2013 at 7:14PM
Daniel Dionne Designs llc
missrei, please post at least one photo and include some info. on the components. (wireless? manually connected? etc...)
1 Like   October 16, 2013 at 7:35PM
catieb
without a photo not exactly sure of your options, but you will have more flexibility to locate the auxialry equipment if you put an IR sensor (Infrared Remote sensor) on the TV that will communicate wirelessly with your boxes. It is a small device that mounts on the TV in a variety of ways (depending on brand, etc) then the boxes can be located further away if that helps make things work.

drop power to the tv so it can be plugged in behind and those cords not be seen.
0 Likes   October 16, 2013 at 8:10PM
Need advice in living room...
I always wanted to face the fireplace and open up my...
alesiarhea
Family Room
I need guidance on wall art, area rug, and throw pillows....
jschlemm
Need help for kids hang out room
The walls are apple green and I am trying to decide...
awhirley
Large front wall - kinda plain looking, any suggestions?
My hubby and I built our 1.5 story house about 2 years...
chelseabeagle
Every house deserves a name
Does your house have one? Would you like it to? Please...
stryker