Need help picking between these two backsplash choices
Irene Pertsovsky
I have Praa Sands quartz counter and Benjamin Moore Mayonnaise cabinet color. On its own, I like the lighter glass tile more because it has a blue (rather than aqua) undertone. However, I'm concerned that it doesn't look quite right with the other colors in the room. My other choice is called "country white" and is a light taupe color.
indianpatti
Could you post another pic ... a closeup of your counter? It's hard to see what would work best.
October 17, 2013 at 4:50AM      Thanked by Irene Pertsovsky
creeser
I like the second choice that's more of a taupe. There's more of a deliberate contrast between the cabinet and tile. The lighter color looks more like you're trying to match the cabinet and didn't quite get the right color. Since it's already bothering you that it doesn't 'look quite right', a while wall of it is going to bother you more.
October 17, 2013 at 5:02AM        Thanked by Irene Pertsovsky
stork
I like the darker as well -- same reason as creeser. I am currently doing the same comparison with ceramic tiles in gray tones and will probably choose the darker for same reasons. Trying the lighter, whiter looks too much like trying to match things and I'm never happy with the match.
October 17, 2013 at 5:23AM      Thanked by Irene Pertsovsky
splagna
If you like a neutral, monocramatic room that is warm go with the 1st color tile; if you like a cool feeling room go with the second color.

What do you think of all the joints and lines that seem to make the room busy? Does it seem calm/welcoming and balanced or is it trying to push you out of the room.
October 17, 2013 at 5:24AM      Thanked by Irene Pertsovsky
Kim Armstrong
Go with the Darker tile, the contrast is nicer and warms up the kitchen. it's a glass so make sure you use the appropriate underlayment! You will love the darker tile, that is the for sure right choice! Good luck!
October 17, 2013 at 5:28AM      Thanked by Irene Pertsovsky
naronson
I agree, the white option on the photo doesn't match well to the cabinet color. I like the darker option. Good luck!
October 17, 2013 at 7:47AM      Thanked by Irene Pertsovsky
I like it. Very neutral. Is that the look you want? With that granite I like stainless mosaic.
October 17, 2013 at 7:48AM      Thanked by Irene Pertsovsky
Over the ones u show. The first one. Or more gray.
October 17, 2013 at 7:49AM      Thanked by Irene Pertsovsky
Definitely the taupe. The lighter white, as creeser says, looks like a mis-match with the cabinets. The taupe will be lovely, and still a soft color.
October 17, 2013 at 7:53AM        Thanked by Irene Pertsovsky
Irene Pertsovsky
Thank you so much for the feedback. Here are a few more pictures if it helps. I was going for cooler kitchen colors (the wall color is Moonshine), but it sounds like the cabinet color has limited my choices in the cool-color area. What suggestions would you have for backsplash color if I do not want to make a very warm kitchen (the floor color is already warm mid-brown). I would consider doing ceramic tile, instead of glass (anything light in glass is ready greenish/bluish and the darker colors are coming off too dark). I can go with white ceramic to match the cabinets or a very light gray color maybe?
October 17, 2013 at 9:15AM   
Irene Pertsovsky
Failed to attach few more.
October 17, 2013 at 9:18AM   
Donna Swonke-Reeh
Go with the darker, taupe-y coior. I'm a huge fan of contrast, and you really need to pull a richer color in from the counter tops to keep the white from washing everything out. I think you'll be much happier!
October 17, 2013 at 9:22AM      Thanked by Irene Pertsovsky
Donna Swonke-Reeh
An even darker color tone found in your counter tops would look even better, I think...
October 17, 2013 at 9:25AM      Thanked by Irene Pertsovsky
Rill Architects
The "country white" would be my choice. Looks like there is that color in the countertop and the bright white is just a bit too cold for the warmer whites you have in your cabinetry.
October 17, 2013 at 9:28AM      Thanked by Irene Pertsovsky
Irene Pertsovsky
Thank you all for your feedback, as a result of which I've decided to also consider ceramic tile as it gives me more color options. I think I want some color for the backlsplash but not a lot. If I go for ceramic tile, I'd want a more modern size, maybe 3x9" in subway pattern. How does this ceramic option compare to the glass options?

Also, am I making a mistake by not considering white subway tile to match the cabinets? Something like this?
October 17, 2013 at 11:13PM   
creeser
Since you're exploring other options, what about something like this? It's a mixture of gray and white with some stainless tossed in. That stainless 'hint' will really bring out faucets and if you have stainless appliances. Gives that little bit of 'sparkle' without being too much.
]
October 18, 2013 at 7:35AM        Thanked by Irene Pertsovsky
armn2ka
Darker.
August 8, 2014 at 3:47PM   
LineBox Studio
larger tiles
August 8, 2014 at 5:20PM   
julyndak
Definitely go with the darker tiles. It gives a bit more interest for the room and allows the eye to rest on more items while still coordinating.
August 8, 2014 at 7:55PM   
Drowning in greige choices. Please help me pick one...or two
We have just bought a benignly neglected 50's ranch/beach...
need help with flooring choice for two adjoining rooms
Trying to tie together a 10 x 19 ' kitchen and an adjoining...
Need help picking two chairs for family room
Room approx 14 x 24 I have a light taupe leather sofa...
Need help picking out upholstrey for these two chairs
I have posted pictures of my living room. I loved...
Need help with weird corner between two couches
Hi! I'm trying to find something to go in this weird...
Need help to choose wall tiles and floor tiles! Help please
I have a white shaker kitchen with black and little...
Pink and gray nursery
I am having trouble picking the perfect gray and pink...
Paint choice with carrera
I have white kitchen cabinets and carrera marv Blue...
Want cheap updates to kitchen to help sell the house
All of the buyer comments coming back about the house...