Incorporation of my husbands taste
cjley
So my husband really loves this hunting/cabin themed metal wall art. And our design style does have a rustic element to it. He has always loved these metal art pieces and I wanted to get him one for the holidays coming up but I'm unsure of how to incorporate it into our home without it looking so out of place. I included a pic of the piece I think he would like most. Any ideas??
Sustainable Dwellings
Cute.... are you one of my neighbors? Give us some pics of your style and surroundings you might place these in.
October 17, 2013 at 10:08am   
Marilyn Wilkie
Our homes should be a reflection of all who live there in my opinion. If hunting is his joy then you should certainly be able to incorporate that into the decor. Sometimes homes need to reflect our personalities and not just those of the designers who set "trends". We live there on a daily basis after all.
October 17, 2013 at 10:15am   
cjley
Here is a pic of our living room although it has been painted a lighter gray... I recently decorated our table for fall.. I was thinking maybe the dining room because I want to get a sideboard and have some shelves for our wine.. Maybe incorporate it there?.. But light gray walls (gentle rain by Behr)... I'm nervous the copper would look off??? :/
October 17, 2013 at 10:19am   
victorianbungalowranch
I think it will look OK because you have warm wood also.
October 17, 2013 at 10:21am   
It can work somewhere, but you don't mention the size of the piece and the possible wall space to hang it on.
October 17, 2013 at 10:25am     
I think it would look lovely on the wall behind the couch in your living room. But it needs to be quite large. The rust and the grey look beautiful. Just add a rust coloured cushion to the sofa.
October 17, 2013 at 10:37am   
cjley
Most pieces including the 1 I showed are 24"x24" or close to that... We have open wall space in our dining room and all throughout the hallway.
October 17, 2013 at 10:41pm   
studio10001
I'd aim for someplace where he can best see it; you may want to fill around with other items if all the walls are expansive.
October 17, 2013 at 10:50pm   
What color should I paint this small bedroom?
Main floor is getting painted next week. Mostly SW...
How do you keep your belongings safe?
Jewellery, watches, passport, a secret diary - how...
What should we do with this large space below the screened porch?
I need suggestions on design for this large area. ...
Kitchen help, please!
We are remodeling our kitchen. All cabinets will be...
entryway
I have a dual staircase without enough room to put...