What can I put here!
jjgratwicksarllOctober 17, 2013
This is my room, I've recently redesigned it with some malm chests and canvas with some framed posters are on their way (hopefully) but I can't decide what would be nice to put here instead of the football table. What should go there?
Once the football table is gone, I would consider putting NOTHING there. You don't need to fill every inch of the room. I like what you've done and if you show me the whole wall, without the football table, maybe I'll think differently.
    Bookmark   October 17, 2013 at 2:38PM
Debp
More pictures of the room please.
    Bookmark   October 17, 2013 at 2:40PM
jjgratwicksarll
Ok I will post some pictures of the room and the wall adjacent to my bed and above the football table, thanks for the comments and I also would love some suggestions of what canvas paintings I should put up, colours ect. The wardrobes around the bookcase are being replaced as well perhaps some suggestions there as well! Thanks so much!
    Bookmark   October 18, 2013 at 8:06AM
In order to help you select artwork, would you please tell your gender, age and interests?
1 Like    Bookmark   October 18, 2013 at 9:24AM
jjgratwicksarll
Ok I am male, I like architecture, the country, sports, geography and I have a general appreciation of realistic drawings eg. A sunset or the like. I am a teenager but I'm not a fan of posters and football scarfs and stuff on the walls I would say I prefer more adult and sleek/ modern and simple designs, big fan of Swedish architecture!
    Bookmark   October 18, 2013 at 9:31AM
You might like black and white photography, and in particular, architectural photos. I like this piece: http://www.gallerydirect.com/art/product/michael-joseph/archetype?substrate_id=2&product_style_id=5&frame_id=11&size=14x20

If you have Aaron Brothers in your area, they have excellent coupons, and attractive frames and art.
1 Like    Bookmark   October 18, 2013 at 9:55AM
jjgratwicksarll
Thanks, I really like their black and white stuff put I'm unsure if it would fit against the green wall? Have you changed your mind about the football table situation or is the open space the best way to go? I'm really liking what the room is turning out to be thanks for the link as well.
    Bookmark   October 18, 2013 at 10:02AM
dclostboy
It's most important that you like it...enjoy the football table while you can. My partner won't let me put a pinball machine anywhere in the house :(
    Bookmark   October 18, 2013 at 10:09AM
jjgratwicksarll
Forget that last comment about the black and white on the green it works perfectly I just tested it out, is their stuff available in England?
    Bookmark   October 18, 2013 at 10:09AM
jjgratwicksarll
Dc I got the table as an unexpected present and have not played it enough I love the game it's just a shame no one else I know does. And I love pinball you should just sneak one in!
    Bookmark   October 18, 2013 at 10:12AM
Not from that company, except probably with exorbitant freight charges, but I expect that you can find similar b&w architectural photography in England too. You could even make some of your own if you have a good camera.

Regarding the space left empty with the removal of the football game, I still haven't seen the rest of the wall to the right.
    Bookmark   October 18, 2013 at 10:13AM
dclostboy
Think the noise would give away that the pinball is there...sure you have some mates that would get into playing football.
    Bookmark   October 18, 2013 at 10:16AM
jjgratwicksarll
That has been suggested I think it's the best way to go, it won't cost too much either.
    Bookmark   October 18, 2013 at 10:17AM
jjgratwicksarll
I'm sure there's a mute button on it if not a volume switch at the very least! :) I do have friends that like football but its barely out, Table Tennis is the main hub of the house!
    Bookmark   October 18, 2013 at 10:21AM
dclostboy
I play my pinball old school...volume switch....seriously?
    Bookmark   October 18, 2013 at 10:26AM
jjgratwicksarll
Ahahaha true! My main pinball action happens on holiday or on the pier both get way to intense with a line of angry holiday makers behind you, the nostalgia of being told to 'hit left' or 'smash right' reappears every time I see a machine, still the best thing on the pier by a country mile though!
    Bookmark   October 18, 2013 at 10:31AM
jjgratwicksarll
Ok I will show you the wall, the place is a bit messy at the moment! That's basically the whole south facing wall.
    Bookmark   October 18, 2013 at 10:34AM
dclostboy
Agree with the direction...need to organize your closet. May be time to purge some of the contents
    Bookmark   October 18, 2013 at 10:37AM
jjgratwicksarll
Yeah totally agree, I moved the table and most of the organised baskets under it so some ideas of what could replace it were suggested. I defiantly need to get rid of some things though.
    Bookmark   October 18, 2013 at 10:42AM
dclostboy
Honestly nothing needed...gives you some space to breathe. I do like the B&W photo suggestion
    Bookmark   October 18, 2013 at 10:45AM
jjgratwicksarll
Ok thanks you've all been awesome help I've been stuck with what to do with that space for months and I haven't had the guts to put it on Houzz! The photo idea suggested by Carolyne is also one that I will seriously consider, just remember Christmas is 2 months away, old or young that pinball machine is a possibility :)
    Bookmark   October 18, 2013 at 10:52AM
Thanks for the photos, JJ. That area of the room just needs some of your own stunning architectural photos on the wall, nothing else. I'd move the small malm chest perhaps 18" to the right and place a big vertical framed photo above it, then add more on the wall to the right of the chest.
    Bookmark   October 18, 2013 at 11:31AM
jjgratwicksarll
Sounds really good! Ill try to integrate as much of your advice as I can and when it's all done and dusted ill post the images on this page, it may take a while because everything else ( bathroom ect.) needs to be done but ill be sure to post the pictures. Thanks for the help and the canvas ideas, ill be sure to Recommend and like your site!
1 Like    Bookmark   October 18, 2013 at 11:37AM
Thanks, JJ! Best of luck and we'll look forward to seeing the completed project!
    Bookmark   October 18, 2013 at 1:02PM
jjgratwicksarll
Thanks, I will post the pictures up on this page, good luck with the interior designing! Thanks for all the help and advice.
    Bookmark   October 18, 2013 at 1:05PM
Thanks, JJ!
    Bookmark   October 18, 2013 at 6:08PM
I need advice on what to put in my kitchen where the washer and dryer
I did a small remodel in my kitchen and I'm left with...
osheryl
what type of barstools or other chair should I put here?
This is a huge 1000 square foot basement with bluish...
calbear94
What can I put here?
Hi all Could you please help me with this empty wall? Thank...
alaahq
What kind of sink can I put in here?
I have a swanstone "large/small" sink currently and...
lisasol44
ı need a living room design
there re my stuff u will see on photos. i need your...
Ilknur Cansızoğlu
Open floor plan paint
I am gutting my kitchen and thinking of putting in...
ekerby
Choosing a Rug and Curtains
What area rug and/or curtains would go with this pillow?...
Nicole Roccaforte
Small changes...
Even when a small decision needed (just to choose the...
VANGUARD development
Need help with my kitchen!
I am having all of my golden oak kitchen cabinets and...
Theresa Kralik