Curved shower curtain
Kim Weatherford
October 17, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I need help finding a 96"+ curved shower curtain rod. We are redoing our bathroom and we installed a jacuzzi tub with a rain fall shower in the middle. The tub is so big that we need a 96" rod for a curtain and so far the largest I have found is 72. Any thoughts or ideas? Links welcome lol the remodel is not complete but this picture will help explain. Also the picture quality is bad since it's dusk out and no lights hooked up in the bathroom yet! Thank you
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
JudyG Designs
I began a search but do not have time to pursue it, but check out tracks that are used in hospitals. Attached to the ceiling, not the walls, this may be the answer.
October 17, 2013 at 7:06pm   
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
That is what we did in our oddly shaped bathroom shower. They come in all sizes and shapes.
October 17, 2013 at 7:14pm   
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Kim Weatherford
That's funny that you say that after I posted this we started looking at those. I am just trying to find one that is not hospital looking. Thank you!
October 17, 2013 at 8:38pm   
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Someone's in the Kitchen, Inc.
Hi Kim = We use Barclay for specialty rods. While they show curved rods only up to 72", I bet you could make your longer one in sections, with intermediate ceiling supports that they sell.

As I look at your photo and dimemsions, though, I wonder if you might get sufficient splash containment for your center-mounted rain shower with just a fixed heavy glass panel in the middle 33" or so of the tub. Might look classier than the curtain in this nice looking set-up. Good luck! Mark
October 17, 2013 at 9:43pm     
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
You could try Signature Hardware. They have a large selection of curved shower rods the last time I visited their website. That is if the hospital idea fails to make you happy when combining it with your gorgeous new shower/bathroom.
October 17, 2013 at 10:28pm   
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
A Crew of Two
This is a custom rod- you cut it to the size you need and can shape it to fit your space. $30
October 18, 2013 at 6:40am   
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Kim Weatherford
Such good ideas!! Thank you all so much! I love the glass idea but am not sure exactly what you mean? Do you have a picture maybe?
October 18, 2013 at 7:11am   
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
What color should I paint this small bedroom?
Main floor is getting painted next week. Mostly SW...
Let's play with my Snazzy Garottage project
We're building a carriage house (we prefer the term...
Living room - out of ideas
I am out of ideas for my living room. My objective...
Bed placement
Hi, I am moving into a small apt next month. On one...
Design help posted earlier
Pls help just got floors tiled should I put tile borders...
© 2014 Houzz Inc.
Houzz® The new way to design your home™