Help for BORING windows
Christine
October 18, 2013
Looking for ideas for these 3 windows. Curtains? leave alone? or hang artwork or pictures? We just painted the room this light blue so I won't be changing anytime soon. Thank you so much.
DirectBuy of Fort Worth
I love silhouette shades by Hunter Douglas.
    Bookmark   October 18, 2013 at 9:49AM
dclostboy
Three sets of panels in ivory to play off the coloring of bedding would be soft and stunning
1 Like    Bookmark   October 18, 2013 at 10:01AM
Blindsgalore
Hi Christine, I would love to help you with this project. It looks like the space between the windows and the bed is not very large, so going too "heavy" on the windows would possibly make the space seem smaller. However, I do think you have a lot of options. It would be good to use a lighter fabric no matter what style you choose, but suggestions would be a lighter colored cellular shade, a roman shade for the drapery feel but functionality of a "up-down" blind, some natural wood shades, or even a light and airy drapery set for each window. Here are a few suggestions for your windows. http://www.blindsgalore.com/WindowProduct.asp?id=404003 http://www.blindsgalore.com/WindowProduct.asp?id=252218 http://www.blindsgalore.com/WindowProduct.asp?id=830008 http://www.blindsgalore.com/WindowProduct.asp?id=830003
    Bookmark   October 18, 2013 at 10:22AM
Blindsgalore
Additionally, here are some more photos. If you like the ideas, but would like to see the fabrics in your home and by your windows before you buy, we offer free samples shipped to your door, no purchase necessary. Just here to help you love your windows.
    Bookmark   October 18, 2013 at 10:24AM
Blindsgalore
A few more: This roman shade is what we like to call "top-down bottom-up". It means it can rise from the bottom and lower from the top. Great way to get privacy for dressing, but not block light.
    Bookmark   October 18, 2013 at 10:27AM
Belle Chaise
I vote for a valance on the windows to soften the room.
    Bookmark   October 18, 2013 at 11:00AM
Good, old-fashioned linen drapes:
3 Likes    Bookmark   October 18, 2013 at 12:18PM
Christine
Here's the problem with adding shades; I have Pella windows thru out my house with shades and grids inside the windows so not point doubling up on shades. I love all your ideas and appreciate the help. The bedding is my summer bedding and will be changed out to something else. I'm so undecided on a color palate. I am pretty good at sewing so I can make my drapes and/or curtains. do I put the curtain rod over the windows or in between each window? I like the idea of a soft flowy fabric. Sorry the pictures are bad it's kinda of dreary here in Chicago today. :(
    Bookmark   October 18, 2013 at 3:11PM
Christine
Groveraxel - I looked at your pic in close detail, I LOVE your idea!! I'm jumping up and down with excitement. LOL Your a rock star. Thank you it looks great!
    Bookmark   October 18, 2013 at 3:15PM
Wow, first time I've been called a rock star. LOL. If you can sew, then this will be easy peasy for you. Bring home a bunch of linen swatches to look at in the room. Look at them day and night, against the wall and in front of the glass.

Hang your rods close to the ceiling. Get curtain ring clips, measure to the floor. Important not to get them too short. Sew plain flat panels, clip them up. Voila!
1 Like    Bookmark   October 18, 2013 at 3:22PM
karemore55
@groveraxle, question is, which rock star would you be lol? Hopefully not Miley Cyrus!

Yes, Christine, she does amazing work!
    Bookmark   October 18, 2013 at 3:42PM
Boring windows
Since I have moved in 4 years ago the front of my house...
pammareid
Need help with my boring builders kitchen
I have a pretty large kitchen (14' wide x 18' ) but...
igmeister1
So boring!! Help!! Paint color, window covering? design help
Lived with this living area for 15 years... ok but...
halepono
Please help fix a boring exterior
I am building a new house on a Prairie acreage and...
baloof
Boring bay windows
I have shutters and a cushion on the window seat--very...
misscindy1
Suggestion on selection of new dining room table
Would like to brighten up my kitchen with a new dining...
harpo5
Any paint color ideas to brighten up the room?
This is a living room that flows into the kitchen....
levanslo
Backsplash Help - Is this too different?
We are installing White Shaker perimeter cabinets,...
rrwahle
Rustic Chic Open Floor Plan
I just bought a house that has an open floor plan (that...
alexislascala
Want to update my never been finished living /dining room.
Need to work with the sofa and striped chair and...
Anne Berry