Help for BORING windows
Christine
Looking for ideas for these 3 windows. Curtains? leave alone? or hang artwork or pictures? We just painted the room this light blue so I won't be changing anytime soon. Thank you so much.
DirectBuy of Fort Worth
I love silhouette shades by Hunter Douglas.
October 18, 2013 at 9:49am   
dclostboy
Three sets of panels in ivory to play off the coloring of bedding would be soft and stunning
October 18, 2013 at 10:01am     
Blindsgalore
Hi Christine, I would love to help you with this project. It looks like the space between the windows and the bed is not very large, so going too "heavy" on the windows would possibly make the space seem smaller. However, I do think you have a lot of options. It would be good to use a lighter fabric no matter what style you choose, but suggestions would be a lighter colored cellular shade, a roman shade for the drapery feel but functionality of a "up-down" blind, some natural wood shades, or even a light and airy drapery set for each window. Here are a few suggestions for your windows. http://www.blindsgalore.com/WindowProduct.asp?id=404003 http://www.blindsgalore.com/WindowProduct.asp?id=252218 http://www.blindsgalore.com/WindowProduct.asp?id=830008 http://www.blindsgalore.com/WindowProduct.asp?id=830003
October 18, 2013 at 10:22am   
Blindsgalore
Additionally, here are some more photos. If you like the ideas, but would like to see the fabrics in your home and by your windows before you buy, we offer free samples shipped to your door, no purchase necessary. Just here to help you love your windows.
October 18, 2013 at 10:24am   
Blindsgalore
A few more: This roman shade is what we like to call "top-down bottom-up". It means it can rise from the bottom and lower from the top. Great way to get privacy for dressing, but not block light.
October 18, 2013 at 10:27am   
Belle Chaise
I vote for a valance on the windows to soften the room.
October 18, 2013 at 11:00am   
Good, old-fashioned linen drapes:
October 18, 2013 at 12:18pm     
Christine
Here's the problem with adding shades; I have Pella windows thru out my house with shades and grids inside the windows so not point doubling up on shades. I love all your ideas and appreciate the help. The bedding is my summer bedding and will be changed out to something else. I'm so undecided on a color palate. I am pretty good at sewing so I can make my drapes and/or curtains. do I put the curtain rod over the windows or in between each window? I like the idea of a soft flowy fabric. Sorry the pictures are bad it's kinda of dreary here in Chicago today. :(
October 18, 2013 at 3:11pm   
Christine
Groveraxel - I looked at your pic in close detail, I LOVE your idea!! I'm jumping up and down with excitement. LOL Your a rock star. Thank you it looks great!
October 18, 2013 at 3:15pm   
Wow, first time I've been called a rock star. LOL. If you can sew, then this will be easy peasy for you. Bring home a bunch of linen swatches to look at in the room. Look at them day and night, against the wall and in front of the glass.

Hang your rods close to the ceiling. Get curtain ring clips, measure to the floor. Important not to get them too short. Sew plain flat panels, clip them up. Voila!
October 18, 2013 at 3:22pm     
karemore55
@groveraxle, question is, which rock star would you be lol? Hopefully not Miley Cyrus!

Yes, Christine, she does amazing work!
October 18, 2013 at 3:42pm   
Help. What can i do with this boring window?
I would like to add some sort of treatment to this...
My front entry is boring, boring, boring - please help!
My front door area is a snoozefest! I have two sidelights...
Boring bay windows
I have shutters and a cushion on the window seat--very...
Help! Boring Living room
We have such a boring living room... Anyone have any...
Needs options for backsplash
I am installing cream cabinets with coffee bean granite...
Landscaping/ Area use Advice sought
Hello Houzzers, Just moved into this house and I've...
Need to match couch with new blinds
Have new aqua roman blinds and need to re- upholster...
Kitchen help
I have lots of cabinets and they are from thirty years...