Need help on designing
dreamhome3337
I'm clueless on ID. I would be grateful if you could suggest on the living,dining area and kitchen. Especially when step in from entrance dining area can be seem directly. Currently just started renovation. Been hacking off living room and kitchen tiles. How to make the home with cosy feel. Thank you.
Not crazy about stepping right into the 'empty' space upon entering the house and the kitchen being closed off from the rest of the living areas.
October 19, 2013 at 11:46PM   
Design Build Pros
I wouldn't have doors to the kitchen with that loor plan. I would two 4' archways instead.
October 20, 2013 at 3:43AM   
Design By Viktoria
Your hallway does not need to be cluttered to look fabulous. You may tile the entrance way with a medallion in the middle to achieve a nice feature. This is just one of many examples of what can be done. For a "cross hall design", where you have your dining room and living room just across the hall, I like to put pocket doors on the dining room. There are some really nice ones with frosted glass, that can slide out and close off the dining room for some privacy during set-up, or for wow factor just prior to dinner. They are aslo great for after dinner, when you usher your guests back to the living room and you don't want them looking at the messy table.
October 20, 2013 at 4:24AM   
A Crew of Two
This is gorgeous view when you walk into a home. Agree with above- give the dining room an entrance- trim out the doorway and make sure the chandelier is wow! Buckhead Southern Plantation Style Estate
October 20, 2013 at 5:06AM     
Design By Viktoria
Crew of Two: this is exactly what I meant. I personally like the first one - simple but elegant, and you can hide those pocket doors. Love the chandelier too. Schonbeck makes some really nice ones. Check out the "kirov" or similar. Dreamhome: There are some really well priced chandeliers out there. Check out Schonbeck for design. Print out what you like and your local lighting store can help you find something in the style you chose. There are also different grades of crystal - you may get exactly what you want if you look at different grades of crystal, glass and murano glass.
October 20, 2013 at 11:07AM     
HERE Design and Architecture
Use the Pro Finder to find a local architect or interior designer now while your decisions can really have an impact.
October 20, 2013 at 11:10AM   
I need brutal honesty here!! I promise I can take it. :)
We're finally finishing our basement (yay!) and I decided...
Do I paint original wood trim?
To paint or not to paint? About to paint all the walls...
No Lighting Over Kitchen Table
We live in a gorgeous, brand new, modern NYC high-rise....
Lighting For Pantry, Laundry & Furnace Closets
We had no lighting in these closets (pantry & laundry...
Where should I put the tv - mantle or wall?
Bought a new condo, now I just need advice on where...