Need help with second living room
michknight
Hi All,

We moved recently to a new home that has 2 living areas. We already had the green sofa and one multicolored accent chair. Been stuck trying to find ideas for furniture for the room. We would like to keep the sofa and can do away with the chair.

Would appreciate any ideas on colors and styles for accent chairs and rug and anything else to finish up the room!

Thanks
abbyjean
What a fun room to play with and I love the couch! The pics add a fun touch to the room, too, but they are too big for the couch as they extend beyond it. Any way you could put ONE over the couch and the other one over the piano?
Why not play up the blue and the red/orange in the art with pillows and the rug. Love the chair in front of those great windows! You will want to add a table and lamp by each piece of furniture, too.
October 20, 2013 at 4:48pm      Thanked by michknight
Lydia (Kazza Design)
Very fun room and great furnishings! I like the art where it is and I also like the chair. Adding a high back chair (IKEA) would be nice. It's very mid-century modern and the grey fabric makes it more subdued. A mod rug (Crate and Barrel) to tie in the colours of the couch and chair. An oversized ottoman (West Elm) as a coffee table with a pattern that mimics the fabric on the chair would add to the eclectic design of the room. A faux mongolian fur ottoman (West Elm) somewhere in the room. You seem to have a carved coffee table - if it's not too big I would use it next to the chair and move the smaller table next to the couch. If it's a good size then use it as the coffee table. Having a rug under it will make it stand out from the dark floor.
October 20, 2013 at 5:11pm      Thanked by michknight
michknight
Thanks Lydia - Love love love the high back chair! Is it from Ikea? Also any suggestions on where to find a similar type faux mongolian ottoman?
October 20, 2013 at 5:16pm   
michknight
Thanks Abbyjean!I was just thinking this weekend about playing with blue - great idea thanks!
October 20, 2013 at 5:18pm   
Lydia (Kazza Design)
You're very welcome! Surprisingly enough it is from IKEA! I edited my comment and added that the faux fur ottoman is from West Elm.
October 20, 2013 at 5:18pm   
michknight
Abbyjean & Lydia - Abbyjean suggested blue and Lydia suggested a high back chair - what do you think about this one? Thanks
October 20, 2013 at 5:43pm     
abbyjean
WOW! That chair looks MADE for your home!!!!! I love it!
October 20, 2013 at 5:54pm   
Lydia (Kazza Design)
I had chosen grey because it's not so predictable (with the paintings) and brings in a neutral. It also pulls out that colour from the chair but if you like this blue chair it could definitely work! It has great lines like the rest of your furniture.
October 20, 2013 at 6:03pm   
abbyjean
I love how the blue would pull the eye/color across the room.
October 20, 2013 at 6:04pm   
Keitha
Some ideas......starting with your green sofa!
October 20, 2013 at 7:28pm   
Lamp, rug, floor lamp, large modern ottoman instead of coffee table - maybe in cowhide - something unexpected to repeat the black and white.http://www.crateandbarrel.com/decorating-and-accessories/all-rugs/negril-rug/f50586
Shelves that have a decidedly modern component - floating ledges? to bring height and balance height of piano across the way. . .
October 20, 2013 at 7:52pm   
michknight
Thanks all for the great suggestions so far please keep them coming. I am going in search of high back chairs to start and a nice ottoman rather than a regular coffee table. Was also considering a trunk as a coffee table.
October 22, 2013 at 3:16am   
michknight
Would specifically appreciate any suggestions for an ottoman.
October 22, 2013 at 3:19am   
I need help decorating a second living room?
I have a sunken dining area which is furnished and...
Area rug - need help with a second rug in big room
I really like the area rug recently purchased from...
Need help , need a living room to feel like a living room
I have been living in my condo for a few years and...
Second Living Room Trying to make TV-AUDIO Room
Hi Guys, in Last post, the suggestions were really...
Huge mistake on flooring choices
We are building a new home. The builder put so much...
Need help selecting exterior paint and interior paint colors
We are building a colonial-style house and are thinking...
What should you know when you buy an old home?
There are special challenges when buying an older home....
Paint color and decorative pieces to go with bedspread! Help!!
Hey everyone! I need your help! I bought a new quilt...
buying leather sofa
I have traditional furnishings. I would like to buy...