Window treatments- blinds or curtains??
mikneleh
We recently renovated and kept the old windows but replaced the window moldings. I'm not sure what type and color window treatments to get. Blinds or curtains or both? Color?
Fenstermann LLC
Dear Writer:
There is not an easy way to determine the right color - this depends on the use of the room, the furniture, wall color and last but not least your personal taste and style.
Fenstermann offers German made window treatment - from pleated blinds to roman shades to rollers or shutters and this in hundreds of colors and designs. Check us out at www.PleatedBlindsStore.com or feel free to send us some pictures of your home and we can go from there. email: ingo@fenstermann.com
0 Likes   October 21, 2013 at 7:39PM
smileyface2013
I've had pleated blinds, metal horizontal blinds, vertical blinds, and wood blinds. Even though there are pretty pictures of blinds, blinds are not my favorite, especially vertical blinds. Blinds are impersonal, not cozy imho, and pleated blinds are very difficult to clean. They attract dust and pet hair, I think, by static, and vacuuming does not get it all. Horizontal blinds, if cracked open for some light, leave a striped pattern on the window which I don't like, are a pain to dust, and are pretty much "all or nothing", and you can't leave blinds open at night if you value privacy. Vertical blinds remind me of corporate conference rooms. Sorry, I hope I'm not offending anyone.

Curtains on the other hand, can be soft and flowy, let light in without compromising privacy. You can wash them or dry clean them. You don't have to open and close every single day to adjust for light/privacy conditions. Curtains are easy to change out, and you don't need a custom size if your windows are not standard sized.

I haven't had the pleasure of roman shades yet, that's my next new thing to try.

More than you probably wanted,mikneleh... LOL! Have fun with your decision.
0 Likes   October 22, 2013 at 4:38AM
Please suggest window treatment - blinds or curtains? Or both?
Please suggest window treatment for my living room-...
kulkarnis
window treatment faux wood blinds or wood 2" blinds along with drapes?
Have you placed Wooden Blinds on the windows along...
blenford48
Need a color for an accent wall
We are building a new house and the majority of the...
Karen Low
Need help...
I am a young widowed mother, LITERALLY starting from...
italnmama13
How to do kitchen nooks?
We have a kitchen nook that we want done and shopped...
happycl8
Need a tie-breaker on this bathroom vanity
Any opinions? (excuse the horrible quick Photoshop...
R K
Filling Floating Shelves
I am trying to fill my new shelves in my Living Room...
jennstoltz