MOVING IN WITH MY LITTLE SISTER AND NEPHEW
Nicole Mancini
IN 1 BIG ROOM, NEED IDEAS TO SPLIT THE ROOM
unwantedadvice
Nicole, have you moved in yet or is this how the room looks before you have moved in? Can you paint walls to brighten it up a bit? There are lots of inexpensive open bookcases you could use to put a barrier in room to divide it up. Check out Ikea website for ideas with their Expedit line. Some of the pieces are large enough to use for that purpose you have in mind. :))
October 21, 2013 at 12:17pm      Thanked by Nicole Mancini
carole
maybe you can divide the room up by placing a wardrobe in the middle of the room and on the back of it place a shelvingunit,that way there is storage as well as privacy...here some other images i found...
October 21, 2013 at 12:37pm      Thanked by Nicole Mancini
Scott Design, Inc.
How big is big? Can you give us dimensions including window and door locations? What items will you and your sister keep? Their size...WxLxD? Is this sleeping quarters with access to bath and kitchen elsewhere? It looks like you have a very young nephew. Is he crawling, standing or walking yet (helps to know how flexible to make the space)? Do you have a budget?
October 21, 2013 at 12:38pm        Thanked by Nicole Mancini
Nicole Mancini
YES IVE MOVED IN, JUST LAST NIGHT. IM PRETTY SURE WE CAN PAINT. I LOVE IKEA, JUST EXTREMLY OVERWHELMED RIGHT NOW, THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE BEST INSTEAD OF ADDING MORE TO MY HEAD. THANKU SO MUCH, THESE SRE GREAT IDEAS
October 21, 2013 at 12:46pm   
Nicole Mancini
SORRY WRONG PERSON
October 21, 2013 at 12:46pm   
Nicole Mancini
WHEN MY MOM GETS HOME I CAN TELL U DIMENSIONS. THIS IS OUR BEDROOM BUT IM COMEING FROM A 3 BEDROOM HOUSE I JUST LOST. MY NEPHEW IS 2 MONTHS OLD, MY SISTER IS 17, HER AND I HAVE SIMILAR STYLE BUT SHE IS OK WITH ANYTHING IM OK WITH.
October 21, 2013 at 12:49pm     
Scott Design, Inc.
So, so sorry for the house problem. It's fortunate you have family to help out for a while. Hope to see your room dimensions soon.
October 21, 2013 at 12:58pm        Thanked by Nicole Mancini
unwantedadvice
Nicole, so sorry you lost your home, how heartbreaking. We will wait for the dimensions so Houzzers can give you some help. Keep your chin up as best you can. :))
October 21, 2013 at 1:29pm        Thanked by Nicole Mancini
carole
that is a lot to deal with,how good that you have the support there and lets see what solutions there are for this room,to make that work for all of you.
October 21, 2013 at 1:38pm        Thanked by Nicole Mancini
Nicole Mancini
thanku all for your help, will let u know dimensions asap
October 21, 2013 at 2:19pm   
Nicole Mancini
so sorry it took so long, 24 feet by 21 feet about, i ran out of tape measure there is 2 little windows and a door on 1 wall, window sizes are 36'34 and door is a regular size door. next wall has a big window on it about the siz e of the 2 little ones put together and the 3rd wall is the entrance double doors. the 4th wall has the babies crib and walling on it so that is off limits. i feel like thats not enough for u, please let me know, mabey i could take bettewr pictures?
October 24, 2013 at 6:57pm   
unwantedadvice
Nicole, yes take a few more pics. Start at the double door entrance and take a pic of each wall. What is behind the single door in pics you already posted? Think if you want to paint or if you just want arrangement of furniture, etc. :)
October 24, 2013 at 10:05pm      Thanked by Nicole Mancini
unwantedadvice
Sorry Nicole, just re-read your comments and saw that you could paint walls. Think of colors that you like and what colors would look okay with the furniture you will have in the room. Look at some bedroom pics on Houzz just for little ideas you could possibly incorporate into your own room. :)
October 24, 2013 at 10:11pm   
Nicole Mancini
i stood in the middle of the room and took a pic of each wall
October 25, 2013 at 7:57am   
Nicole Mancini
pic 2and3 are the same wall
October 25, 2013 at 7:57am   
Nicole Mancini
the room is big enough to be split in 4 and still have decent sized rooms
October 25, 2013 at 7:58am   
How many people will be living in this space? How does it need to function? Living room, sleeping area for 1-2, dressing room, place to eat meals, etc.? What furniture are you bringing to the space?
October 25, 2013 at 8:11am      Thanked by Nicole Mancini
Nicole Mancini
its me, my 17 year old sister and my 3month old nephews bedroom
October 25, 2013 at 9:00am   
erinsean
How about bunk beds or a single bed with a trundle or a loft bed with space under it for a chest/dresser? This would be for your sister and you. Bookcases for dividers....you could curtain the back of the bookcase or paint it. Think up....maybe a shelf running around the top of the room. Use lots of storage things to make your room look neat.
October 25, 2013 at 11:16am        Thanked by Nicole Mancini
carole
some more ideas,you say it would be big enough for 4 rooms,then you could zone the space into different "rooms' and make walls(with a tvwall or wardrobe or curtain around the sleeping area,and like erinsean said lots of storage!!
October 25, 2013 at 11:49am        Thanked by Nicole Mancini
Nicole Mancini
just got done doing a dresser wall, high shelf is next, this is very helpful and motivating, thanku, and please keep them comeing.
October 25, 2013 at 12:18pm     
Perfect for my niece and nephew
Love to send this to them - can anyone tell me how...
I'm 15 and my sister bid 9 we share a room I love bright colors but my
I'm enjoying teen life but my sis... Hates everything...
How do I let my sister see my ideabook?
She has her own ideabook but she lives in another state...
My sister needs help with this wall
My sister uses this area as additional seating by having...
Stain or Paint Deck
I'm not sure which is best. Should I stain or paint...
Above my cupboards decor
I hate this space above my cabinets, my husband refused...
Need help decorating bedroom
Uneven ceiling is feature of the room but we are not...
Question about my new bathroom cabinet door fronts.
The top 2 drawers are 6 inches tall and 10.5 inches...
Help with better use of space in my very long living room
I would like to the room to feel more spacious . We...