What color to do the walls in a loft with 12 ft ceilings?
Kendra V. Vliet
We recently purchased a loft and are looking to paint it either a tone of white or a natural shade of some kind. But we are completely lost on choosing any paint color let alone a tone....
We will keep the ceiling and cement pillars white and the polished cement floor will stay the same. The piano, L shaped sofa, tv will remain as well, the rest of the furniture (or lack of furniture) will eventually be swapped out and we will also add more things. So much to do, so hard to choose. But first things first, painting the walls.

Our inspiration for how we would like our loft to feel is best summed up by a home done by Neumann Mendro Andrulaitis Architects LLP;
Project: Thayer Residence

The photos they have of the living room/kitchen are exactly the look and feel we would like in our place.

On another side note we want to replace the window blinds with something else. We like how they're hidden when they're rolled up when they're rolled down they're not terribly attractive. Any suggestions for products we could look into would also be greatly appreciated.

Suggestions?

rawketgrl
Wow neat space. What, you don't like the raspberry and blue combo??? ;)

Since you have decided to keep the current white I would take your wall color cues from that white. On my monitor it looks warm white. I would match that color on the wood work and trim. I would pick a warm greige or tan/beige for the walls.

Room without furniture Accessible Beige by Sherwin Williams
[houzz=Buckhead Colonial Farmhouse]

Kitchen is Briarwood" from Benjamin Moore. The Hall and Family Room beyond are " Accessible Beige
[houzz=A Traditional Kitchen for an Ever Growing Family]

Living room is Benjamin Moore, Springfield Tan
[houzz=Ferndale Residence]

Bedroom is Agreeable Gray 7029 by Sherwin Williams
[houzz=Cow Hollow Residence]

Dining room is Wool Skein 6148 by Sherwin Williams
[houzz=new project]

Good luck and post picks for follow up as you go.
October 21, 2013 at 4:11pm   
HI -- Love your loft ! Lofts have to be treated different than a regular home or apartment . I think lofts should be just all a white or a light grey . Antique White is good or "Cloud White " by Benjamin Moore paints . In a flat and all one color not two tones and ceiling too. Then your furniture and Art will show off the place and add the color.
October 21, 2013 at 4:30pm   
Jesse's kitchen - what kitchen would look good?
I'd love some ideas for a total kitchen refit, some...
Need help with exterior paint colors
We are remodeling a Spanish colonial revival house,...
Giant Gator Art?
First, thank you to GroverAxle who helped me get started...
Boy room to Teen Dream
Paint, shelf demo and purge purge purge - room is 12...
Need help with Master Suite design
I am seeking some help with design of master wing of...