Need help with Guest Bedrroom
lmjjjsmith
Wall color is Almost Aqua by Glidden- Ceiling and Baseboards are White/Satin. Wondered what type of Bedding-Curtians and wall decor you would reccomend-this is a GUEST room I would like to create a relaxing but tastefully decorated room. The house is traditional crown moulding and vaulted ceilings-white kitchen cabinets-etc,
"The Cow" I live in Dallas Texas!
abbyjean
is it possible for the dresser to go somewhere else so the bed can be centered with the window and a little walk space on each side of the bed?
Oh......and I LOVE the cow! You might want to work with that same theme with the bedding and curtains.
0 Likes   October 21, 2013 at 6:27PM
Anna Hill Designs
I think you will be able to make this space lovely and restful. Check out this photo for inspiration:

1 Like   Thanked by lmjjjsmith    October 21, 2013 at 6:30PM
lmjjjsmith
Could possibly, remove the dresser honestly I hate the bedroom set it is my Fiancee's old set. Looking for possible color combinations- Drapes, Curtians, Bedding to make it palletable.
0 Likes   October 21, 2013 at 6:32PM
raineycarole
The brown of the cow goes great with the furniture! Find a fabric that has all the colors of the cow picture and make a duvet and curtains to tie it all together. The room could be fabulous.
0 Likes   October 21, 2013 at 6:42PM
lindabuzz
I actually like the cow too. It would be cool if you paired it with more streamlined painted, furniture. benefit.....would make the room look larger. I would also get rid of the fan and put in a funky chandelier. Try to find a lower headboard. I think that would look a lot better. It would make more sense if it was centered, but it appears that you won't have enough walk space if you do that. What do you think?
0 Likes   October 21, 2013 at 6:48PM
lmjjjsmith
I also thought of a funky chandelier, what (color) would you suggest for bedding? Drapes? if you can, a pic of the type of chandelier you were thinking of-? He will not get rid of this bedroom set it's the only thing I let him keep out of his old (manly) house! LOL!
0 Likes   October 21, 2013 at 6:55PM
New Again Home Interiors
I would remove the dresser, and center the bed on the wall left of the window, so the headboard is not in front of the window. Guests typically do not require that much storage. for the bedding, I would look for something with a bit of brown and rust in it to tie in the cow, and possibly find other "not too Western" accessories to tie into the painting (I also live in Dallas). Add some pretty throw pillows, and a chair for reading and relaxing, and you should have a lovely restful guest room. I created this ideabook for you to look at for some bedding inspiration: http://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/19315343/thumbs/bedding
0 Likes   Thanked by lmjjjsmith    October 21, 2013 at 7:21PM
karemore55
This might be a little out there, but I can see a burnt orange or coral looking fantastic with your aqua walls. And that adorable cow pic has just a bit of this same red in it, so I think you could bring this color into the room quite easily. Bedding is from West Elm, as are the striped pillows. I would do a bed skirt in a medium brown, and simple white cotton curtains.

I notice there are some,good ideas for re-arranging the furniture. One more idea to toss out - can the bed be turned so that it is on the wall perpendicular to the window? And could the dresser then go under the window, or would there be room for it to go on one side of the bed even? The fun cow pic could then hang above the bed.

Also, just a loose reference but the ikat dots in the bedding remind me of cow's spots!
0 Likes   October 21, 2013 at 7:31PM
karemore55
A couple of light ideas. These are both from Shades Of Light.
0 Likes   October 21, 2013 at 7:35PM
karemore55
Bedside lamp possibilities.
0 Likes   October 21, 2013 at 7:37PM
lindabuzz
I agree with the comments about turning the bed. I was going to suggest that, but I wasn't sure if the room was wide enough...is it? Karemore55, I love the red patterned bedding that you suggested as well as the blue lamp. it would be adorable with the picture. It might be fun to throw some type of leather accent in the room to add a little texture....maybe a window cornice or throw pillow. I understand that your significant other likes the furniture. It is ok as is, but it would be fun if you could paint it, maybe in a white wash. Would he be okay with that?
0 Likes   October 21, 2013 at 7:49PM
lmjjjsmith
Thanks! Great idea's the pillow's are perfect! the bedding is similar in color to what I thought, & the white curtians were a thought as well- honestly the bedroom is small-and the furniture is a bit over the top but I am going to have to work with it.- the cow was a piece I found to try and make it a bit whimsical and for the sake of mere conversation. The bed is tough to move there is a closet at the foot of where the bed is currently sitting.
0 Likes   October 21, 2013 at 7:55PM
lindabuzz
I found a great chandelier for your room it has hanging exposed lightbulbs that remind me of cow utters....I know that sounds crazy. I can't attach it, but look at "medium urban chandelier" or "urban Chandy".
0 Likes   October 21, 2013 at 7:57PM
Patti Wilson
Paint the furniture white. The room is almost claustrophobic with its size in comparison to the amount and bulkiness of the furniture. At least "store" the dresser in the closet if it will fit.

The cow is wonderful as it is, but don't cow up the room as it then trivializes it. Guys have their quirks about their stuff. Let him buy a big flatscreen in trade for dresser storage.
0 Likes   October 21, 2013 at 8:01PM
South East Installation Solutions, LLC
Unless you change the direction of the bed and place it on a different wall, you probably don't want to do long drapery panels. I would recommend a simple cornice board or decorative valance mounted 4 or 5" above the top of the window.

Or replace the blind with a roman shade.
0 Likes   October 21, 2013 at 8:03PM
New Again Home Interiors
I like Karenmore55's suggestion of using Burnt orange, but in Texas we have to be careful about suggesting that particular color, If they aren't University of Texas fans, they might take offense!
1 Like   October 22, 2013 at 10:57AM
lmjjjsmith
"Boy you are not kidding!"
0 Likes   October 22, 2013 at 5:49PM
Need help in a bedrroom
I am taking down old wallpaper and wanting to paint...
need help finishing off guest room please
Hi, spare room very small and I don't like a lot of...
Need help designing 2nd bedroom as office and guest room
Have a second bedroom with great views. Want to use...
need help designing an office/guest room for grandchildren
I am using a dark gray fabric for the couch, and I...
Saying Goodbye to Sentimental Objects
I read the article on the ten steps to saying goodbye...
Need help to fill this empty space!
I need to fill this space as it just seems too empty...
Fence addition advice
I have a 30' wide stone/brick that stands almost 6'...
Help Window treatment for large expanse of door/window area
I have a very large expanse of doors and windows that...
Need good deal on light-blocking curtains
My bedroom has Venetian blinds, but they aren't enough...