Kitchen Color Question
nanasloves3
I'm updating my kitchen. Just changed out all of the appliances for stainless steel. My granite, Crema Bordeaux, will be installed at the end of this week. I'm so excited. As you can see, my kitchen is cranberry red -- I love red. I took the pictures at night, so you won't see all the light that comes in from the morning room during the day. This room also is open to the family room, so it's a nice space. I was thinking, however, if I should lighten up the walls in my kitchen to beige. I am thinking about paint all of the outer walls in my house beige. My kitchen does not have a lot of wall space, so the red wall color just frames the kitchen. I would appreciate your thoughts and comments.
lucyhomedecor
Wait till you have the new counter tops installed. I like the red, but may not look good with the new granite as it looks more on the pink side. Maybe Sherwin Williams Aged Wine or Concerto would look good. I think beige would be lost with all the wood & the granite in the kitchen.
October 21, 2013 at 8:36pm     
Lampert Dias Architects, Inc.
I designed a kitchen for a client who painted it red.........I think it is delightful. I vote for keeping the kitchen walls red. You could add a tile back splash if you want a little less red........Here are some photos of my client's red kitchen and eating area.......
October 21, 2013 at 8:39pm     
nanasloves3
@lucyhomedecor, I will wait to see what the granite looks like once installed. The deep color patches in it are burgundy.
@Lampert, I love your design. I agree that red is delightful. I like the idea is adding a tile backsplash. That will come a lityle later.
October 21, 2013 at 8:47pm     
nanasloves3
Thank you both for your comments.
October 21, 2013 at 8:57pm     
kerran
The red walls are really gorgeous! I love Lamper Dias Architect's kitchen design. I think your kitchen will polish off beautifully by following pursuit. A few glass inserts in choice upper cabinets and cabinet hardware.
October 21, 2013 at 9:58pm     
I'd wait until the granite is installed too. Are you having the granite installed with a small backsplash with it?
October 21, 2013 at 10:03pm   
Glass Tile Store
You can keep the walls red if you want it to stay red but i'd paint the cabinets white and choose a lighter countertop so the kitchen will look brighter.
October 22, 2013 at 2:57am   
A Crew of Two
Love the red and your counter top choice, but agree it may be the wrong red. It is hard to tell on a computer monitor though- shades can look completely different in person. Make sure the red is warmer and not too pink. The only thing I see missing is some gorgeous hardware for the cabinets. Congrats on a beautiful kitchen. Dinner Party Paint Crema Bordeaux (Close Up) Benjamin Moore Raspberry Truffle White Oak Cabinet Doors Criss-Cross Suite cabinet hardware collection in Silver Satin Classic Suite cabinet hardware collection in Polished Nickel
October 22, 2013 at 3:47am     
nanasloves3
Wow, many cool and different ideas! @Glass Tile Store, I took the picture at night, so the picture does not do the lighting any justice. My kitchen sits in the middle of a morning room, of which one wall is all windows, and the family room in which there are four windows. It's very open and it gets a lot of sun. It will be interesting with the granite, and @A Crew of Two, I plan to finish it with hardware.
October 22, 2013 at 4:19am     
nanasloves3
At Darzy, the backsplash is on my list, it will come a little later. Trying to stay on budget.
October 22, 2013 at 4:20am   
"Color question for my kitchen!"
My kitchen has mid tone wood cabinets and a blond wood...
Kitchen paint color question- help needed!
Hi everyone - need some more help with this one. Looking...
Kitchen paint color question
My kitchen is in need of an update and I'm pretty sure...
Question regarding kitchen cabinet colors
We are in the process of renovating a ranch style house....
This kitchen is truly beautiful! Question on paint color.
We are considering White Dove as well for our cabinets...
Need help with master bath design/layout
Master bath is 18' 8" x 10' 4" if I take one of the...
Need help with this guest room
This room is very small. I had the head board made...
Ottoman fabric, which one!?!?
Hi! So I'm back with a follow up question now that...
Need backsplash suggestions
We are building a home and are doing our own backsplash....
Eat in kitchen corner
I posted earlier about this . I keep trying to fix...