Should we put a pool table in the living room or leave it alone
J LV
Ok here we are, we both love pool and we are trying to decide if we should put a pool table in the living room (that we don't use) as this is the only room it will fit. I love our cocktail table and end tables and don't want to sell them. I can move the sofa in another room but not the tables. I have tables in my den that have drawer storage etc so they are functional so to trade one for the other it probably won't happen. All of the pool halls are at least 40 minutes from us and expensive. So how can we make this room beautiful with a pool table being it will be the center of attention when walking in the front door? The room is 15.3x16.2 that's including the entertainment center that also has to stay I refuse to sell it . the space needed is 13 x 16.5. Please help!!
deborahjarman
Depending on the pool table, it could be beautiful. I'm thinking carved dark wood with burgundy felt. A great long chandelier over the pool table and a rich wall color that coordinates with the surrounding rooms. Keep the end tables and add a couple of comfortable club chairs for seating. Use vintage/antique game boards on the walls as art. If you don't use it as a living room, repurpose it into a room that you will enjoy. Have fun!
October 22, 2013 at 2:52pm   
deborahjarman
Check out this room on Houzz. I think it is stunning!
October 22, 2013 at 2:57pm   
Yes, you can make this room look elegant by forgetting the "pool bar/room" look and just go for pretty furnishings and chandelier.
A new Pool house in North Atlanta
Bordley 2
October 22, 2013 at 2:58pm   
Stanton Designs-online design services
If you love pool do it. Try not to think of a typical pool hall when designing this room. If done properly it will fit perfectly into your space and not be the main eye grabber.
October 22, 2013 at 3:39pm   
the essentials inside
Yes, if you love pool than by all means use the space for a pool table!

However, I agree with Darzy & Stanton, don't do a typical pool hall theme. You can find other beautiful examples in this search -- http://www.houzz.com/%22pool-table%22

~Lyvonne
October 22, 2013 at 4:01pm      Thanked by J LV
McClure Tables
We say go for the pool table! Looks like the perfect space for it!
November 14, 2013 at 3:08pm   
You live here, so live the way you want! Maybe more seating could spill over to the sunroom and the pool table would have room to take center stage and be less than conventional. Carriage House
Nobscot Road
Chappaqua, NY Residence
Sea Island Home
November 14, 2013 at 3:19pm   
pcmom1
Good for you! Nothing is a bigger waste of space than a living room that isn't lived in!

Do the pool table and add a tall pub table with a couple of chairs to the corner. Dress the walls with a warm textured wall paper, pool cue rack, etc.
November 14, 2013 at 3:48pm   
Family Room (Starting Over)
I'm starting over. I need suggestions on accessorizing....
Mixing woods
I have white pine beams, natural stone fireplace in...
Please help me with this room!!
My living room is capped on both ends with overwhelming...
Don't know what to do with my dining area
I have a space in my condo which i can turn into a...
Need some advice on furniture choices for small LR
Over the course of 15 years we had just finished completely...