Need help for my small robe
spbroke
My robe is very small and a mess it is 1700mm x 1900mm. I have lots of clothes and about 50 pairs of shoes
Your closet looks a lot like mine. :) Donate everything you haven't worn in one year and your problems will be over.
October 23, 2013 at 11:20PM   
Kate Edwards
I'm smiling because my robe is 750 X 750mm. I put all the stuff I don't wear in those vacuum sealed bags in a suitcase or decorative trunk. You could also put in a lower hanging bar on one side and have one half just for short skirts and shirts. Clear plastic boxes for the jumpers up top would also neaten things up.
October 24, 2013 at 12:04AM   
macgrill
My closets always used to look like this, until several years ago when I invested the money in monogrammed white wooden hangers and decided to organize my closet! My first step was donating clothing I no longer wore to charity. That cleared up lots of space. Then I decided to hang my pants, skirts, blouses, dresses, etc., separately rather than shoving everything in together. I was able to add a lower bar under the blouses, which almost doubled my closet space on one side. I then arranged everything according to color. I put my sweaters and scarves in clear storage boxes with covers and stacked them on the shelves up top. I must admit having nice hangers made a huge difference, and five years later, my closet remains picture perfect. I also added a pretty mirror. Good luck on your project.
October 24, 2013 at 2:41AM     
handymam
I agree that the first thing you should do is pare down what you own in there and donate what you don't actually wear. Another easy tip is to use the exact same hangers for everything in there so they all hang the same. It looks bad when the tops of the hangers are different heights. I like th idea of the boxes for the sweaters and thing up top. You may want to store seasonal things elsewhere as well, under your bed for example and switch them each season.
October 24, 2013 at 4:07AM     
spbroke
I have paired it down I need help to redesign the space which is 1700 x 1800
November 11, 2013 at 3:23AM   
Need to know about doors for my walk in robe
What sliding doors are these in this picture. Is it...
I need help with robe hooks
I have a walk in shower that is in need of robe hooks....
Help needed to design ensuite and robe
Hi, I have been mucking around trying to come up with...
I need help redesigining my small condo to suit my needs.
I want a stunning condo that's got the wow factor....
would like a fresh updated look to our 90's home and curb appeal
add a patio/courtyard, take off the shutters, replace...
Have you ever sold a home as a "For Sale By Owner" transaction?
I've never been brave enough to go it alone when selling...
Ugly black stone fireplace!
We just purchased a brand new house and my husband...
"PRO" PAINTER WOES
Fellow houzzers, please give me examples of common...
Anyone recognize this backsplash?
I'd love to find the source of this backsplash. I've...