reetz
Hi there,
My condo space is quite open; Living room/dining/kitchen. However i don't have a lot of sunlight. My goal is to have a fresh feeling look where i mixed Rustic & Modern. My floors are dark brown & my sofa is gray (pict attached), my coffee table rustic (pic att), kitchen table rustic as well but the chairs are sleek modern thin leather chairs same gray as the lightest gray in the sofa. My accessories; pillow, candle, pot for plant, are purple and green (pics att), i would like to paint the hallway, kitchen, living room, dining room a light gray to bring in the light but i would like to have an accent wall (behind the sofa) perhaps a gray with purple undertone. i don't want it to be too dark seeing as how lighting is an issue. I'm having a real hard time committing to an accent color & finding a light gray that works with it....any advise?! Thanks
bepsf
Accent walls are just a bad idea - stick to one paint color throughout and accent your walls with artwork and your windows with drapery.
December 29, 2011 at 7:17AM   
reetz
LOL! well that makes my life easier!
December 29, 2011 at 7:43AM   
reetz
Should i go with a gray that matches my sofa/chairs perfectly or no?
December 29, 2011 at 7:44AM   
Dirt Digger
Are the floors wood?
December 29, 2011 at 8:10AM   
LEONARD MANNO | ARCHITECT
hello,
you have a great condo space, i feel that an accent wall would fit just fine in that spot, its the first thing one sees when entering the home. I dont like suggesting without knowing my clients, but try looking at porcellain tiles for accent walls. If choosen right it really dresses up your open space, especially when highlighted with accent lights. I agree with the light color in all the rooms you named , in alternative, i also suggest a very light beige if you like it, that goes great with dark brown floors. i have uploaded a couple of reference pics of porcellain tiles on walls, to help stimulate ideas.
December 29, 2011 at 8:50AM   
bepsf
A grey one or two tones darker than your sofa would provide a nicer contrast.
December 29, 2011 at 9:20AM   
What should I do for window treatments? And additional lighting?
I'm torn between wood blinds or roman shades with some...
High ceiling bare wall
I have 20' ceilings and have a big ledge up top going...
Difficult living room layout
I have a long and narrow living room with way too many...
Kitchen Backsplash
i need help in choosing a backsplash for my kitchen...