OLLD 10/24
kimdee24
October 24, 2013 in Other
October is marching on and so far the weather seems to be holding up fairly well around here. Fingers crossed it stays this way for a while. Calling for a positively balmy 59F (15C) with sunny skies here today, but i see some 'darkling shadows' for Sunday... are those snowflakes? Yeesh.

Tomorrow morning, I must get up super early and get over to the tire store and get my winter tires put on. Always a sure sign that winter is ahead. If you live in a snow area, I highly recommend them, makes all the difference in the world.

STK, hope you check in today and let us know how you're doing. We're all thinking of you.
Linda
Speak for yourself...weather has been ugly here. We went from no frost to hard freeze this week and we've had snow flurries twice this week. Our temps are about 20 degrees below average for this time of year. So, by the time it gets back to average, it will still be too cold to do much outside.
October 24, 2013 at 8:45AM     
kimdee24
That stinks, Linda... it's coming, I know, but I will enjoy every single day of nice weather while I can... hope it warms up for you so you can finish your outside work.

I've been in this house for more than a year now, and they still haven't finished the back patio (and yes, nice mess they made of the concrete). This should've have been done a long time ago, but I guess they're having trouble finding a solution to this, and finding someone willing to do it... small fussy project, but needs to be done on at least 10 houses, but the contractors won't touch it.

The warranty guy was by the other day and said they're going to use a 'cement board' similar to what they used in the front, and paint it to match the siding. I dunno... I wish they'd just get it done already.
October 24, 2013 at 9:08AM     
mefor
The nerve of those guys!! I'll bet you don't get a discount on your dues or your mortgage, hope you remind them about it all the time. :)
How's everyone today? My driveway is almost finished, probably less than a half hour and they'll be out of here. Hooray!!!
October 24, 2013 at 12:32PM     
armygirl1987
Pfft- bs Kimdee, they better do something quick.
October 24, 2013 at 1:24PM     
kimdee24
It would be nice if it were done before winter comes. Again.
October 24, 2013 at 5:01PM     
armygirl1987
That would be too much to ask for.
October 24, 2013 at 5:13PM     
OLLD 10/24
Good morning OLLD ladies, time to rise and shine! ...
OLLD 10/10
Good morning, everyone! What's happening today, anything...
OLLD 4/24
Morning all! Kimdee - what is this??? http://www.houzz.com/discussions/451880/Hello-Everyone...
OLLD 3/24
Astrea alert!!! Check you Power Ball ticket! Only...
OLLD 9/24
Terrific Tuesday, good morning everyone :)
This dining room is holding me hostage ...
... I can't walk by this room without stopping to stare...
Paint first or decorate first?
My dilemma is, do I paint now when my painter can fit...
Paint suggestion?
With newly stained concrete floors we are trying to...
Am I heading in the right direction?
My goal is cottage style with craftsman influences....