Looking for light fixtures like this...
cwalbrun19
I have a 1913 Prarie Style Bungalow and we need new light fixtures. From what I understand, the style of light pictured is very close to what would have typically been original to a house of our age and style. We like to try to stay true to the style of the house, but finding fixtures has really been a challenge.

This is a bathroom fan/light combo from Hunter (Garden District design for anyone wondering). The flushmount pan style with the hanging globes is very similar to what we've seen in places where refurbished original fixtures are sold (we can't afford those). We can't use the fan style shown here or I'd be done searching. These lights are around $100-200, which is doable. The budget won't stretch much farther than that right now.

Does anyone know a source for fixtures that would work? They don't absolutely need to be this style, but I don't want modern.
smileyface2013
Have you tried Rejuvenation.com?

http://www.rejuvenation.com/
October 24, 2013 at 1:35PM        Thanked by cwalbrun19
cwalbrun19
I do believe I came across that site a while ago in my search. It has some lights that would work but they are out of my price range. Thanks so much for the tip though. It is the kind of thing I'm looking for.
October 24, 2013 at 1:42PM   
solincia
I'm not sure if they have anything, but Van Dyke's Restorers?
October 24, 2013 at 4:29PM        Thanked by cwalbrun19
October 24, 2013 at 4:35PM      Thanked by cwalbrun19
cwalbrun19
Thanks for the good ideas sonlincia. I've never heard of Van Dyke's Restorers but I took a quick peek at their website and if I can't find a light fixture I like there I'm sure I'll be glad to know that resource as we work on other projects for the house.
October 25, 2013 at 6:51AM     
Whispar Design
The Quinton Parlor Series has similar design lines, albeit white instead of tobacco. Perhaps it may be another option to consider.
October 25, 2013 at 4:26PM      Thanked by cwalbrun19
Genevieve
Look at this one I found it under year 1915
http://www.newclassicsbrasslight.com/product-p/cn-435-a4-02m.htm
October 25, 2013 at 7:02PM      Thanked by cwalbrun19
cwalbrun19
Those are both great suggestions! Thanks! I actually prefer white shades. The Quinton Parlor is really nice since I could match different styles throughout the house. The kitchen, dinning room and living room fixtures are all visiable at the same time, so I feel the need to coordinate them. I love the new classics brass fixture, but I'd have to get it on a good sale :-)
October 28, 2013 at 10:49AM   
Whispar Design
Glad you like them. It's an affordable collection so if you needed to add pieces over time, it helps. The semi-flush 3-light is about $375, the pendants and wall sconces go for around $110-149. The most expensive piece in the collection (the 5-light chandelier is about $475) This series also has bath fixtures in 2,3, and 4 light combos and the lamp arms swivel to an up/down position - kind of a neat feature.
October 28, 2013 at 10:57AM   
cwalbrun19
Awesome! I'm searching the web for them but sadly I haven't seen any of the smaller three light semi-flush lights anywhere. I'll keep digging, but I do like the other styles very much as well and could see using some. I have a lot of places I need to replace lights :-)
October 28, 2013 at 11:04AM   
Linda
schoolhouseelectric.com has somewhat cheaper lights than rejuvenation. I just looked at the rejuvenation web site...their products are nice quality, but too rich for my blood!

Have you considered looking for unrestored originals at salvage stores and demo sales? I have a couple in my garage picked up for a few bucks at demolition sales. I also have a really nice vintage brass chandelier (no glass shades) picked up for $10 at my local ReStore, just waiting for the right new home.

Redoing light fixtures isn't overly difficult and not expensive if you salvage parts from discarded lights. Most pieces use the same thread so it's relatively easy to switch our parts if you are an experienced DIY person. If not, local lighting stores or electricians would probably still be cheaper than some of those expensive reproductions. Rust Oleum American classics spray paints have some easy to use metallic paints that are great for light fixtures.
October 28, 2013 at 11:19AM      Thanked by cwalbrun19
Whispar Design
My apologies. Here is the link: http://www.whispardesign.com/drum-flush-lighting/550-quinton-parlor-ceiling-light
Most of the Quinton collection is there but the other fixtures in to collage are available. We have over 8,000 fixtures so its difficult to pick and choose which to feature :) We do have promo codes available to help with the budget - if we can help let us know. Best of luck in your search!
October 28, 2013 at 3:09PM      Thanked by cwalbrun19
cwalbrun19
Thanks again! In looking at the Quinton Parlor collection, I also found the light below on Wayfair.com as a suggested similar item. I like this as well, except I'm not crazy about the very feminine shades. Does anyone have and idea if shades like these are easily changed out? I believe my local salvage store has a large collection of shades like these, though I would likely be hard pressed to find enough that match. Are these style shades pretty much a universal fit if I found some I liked?
October 29, 2013 at 6:24AM   
Linda
The shades are super easy to change out...3 small screws...just make sure to tighten sufficiently after putting the new glass in. Your favorite big box store will have some in the electrical section or you can order them online. Most modern light fixtures use the same fitter size so there's a wide selection available.

In the past I volunteered at my local ReStore and we received many donations of light fixtures where one of a set of globes was broken. We would remove the remainder and use them on a smaller fixture and sold the largest fixtures with Plain Jane matched shades from a donated box of matching globes
October 29, 2013 at 12:22PM      Thanked by cwalbrun19
cwalbrun19
Thanks Linda! Great to know!
October 29, 2013 at 12:29PM   
Poll: Keep or replace old kitchen?
Hi everyone, this is the old kitchen that exists in...
outside update
hello. I meed a little help updating the exterior of...
Need help with flooring
I am constructing a new double-story house which has...
Will these choices work????
Went to Ethan Allen shopping for new living room furniture...