Need help for my living room
Melissa Price_Molaski
I just painted my kitchen bleeker beige and am questioning if I should paint my adjoining living room the same color or if I can get away with doing something more gray. What colors would go with bleeker beige for my curtains and sofas?
Also, here is one wall of my living room. Any suggestions of what should go on either side?
Odds and Ends
Alexandria beige is a wonderful gray beige. i used it for years with bleeker beige as a designer for new homes. it is a Ben Moore color and historical also :) great to hide toddler prints too. arrange groupings of framed photos on the walls on either side with an initial letter or special accent piece like a cross or medalion. no need to be perfect with hanging the groupings. Have fun!
October 25, 2013 at 7:10pm   
Melissa Price_Molaski
Thanks! Should accent furniture go on either side as well?
October 25, 2013 at 7:56pm   
Cat Rowe
Need more photos pls
October 25, 2013 at 8:14pm   
bellesum
The wall looks to be about 16 feet? It looks long enough to be split into 2 equal or unequal zones.
October 25, 2013 at 10:03pm   
Melissa Price_Molaski
Here are the other walls.
October 26, 2013 at 7:12am   
Not sure what your color looks like,but if rooms flow together should be in same tone. Can go lighter or darker, but the same. Remove all things over TV and on top of towers. Place towers together on a side wall. Don't clutter it. It's too busy. On side of TV about 2 ft from media add floor mirrors in dark wide frames. 6 ft high and 36" or bigger wide. Just lean against wall. And secure in back with wire and hook.Ikea has them. Furniture should float in room and face TV. Adding plants like palms in nice colorful pots fill co re and add interest. Only big art on walls. Ikea has great stuff low price.
October 26, 2013 at 7:44am   
Whitfield Properties
I'm thinking you could make a nice dress out fo those curtains...kind of a Gone With The Wind trubute! But seriously...they are very dark and spooky. You can go to Home Depot and buy some bamboo roll up shades to add some hip vibe or even the 2" white foux plantation shutter blinds are very reasonable and that would be a very neat look offering provicy and yet still let a lot more light in. Natural light is like money. Don't waste it behind dark curtains unless you've got the hood staring back at you out there?#! The mirrors are great. In fact, get a few more nice large ones to reflect light and make your rooms look larger and in some bold frames they add a lot of pzazz. Forget about painting. Personal photos are great...in the right place. Usually not a main focal in your living room. Good for you to get some additional opinions. Bottom line is...do what makes your heart sing, darling!
October 26, 2013 at 7:46am     
Add big square ottoman in front of sofa. Window covers should be 2 shades. Darker than walls. Brighten up room with accent color pillows and art.
October 26, 2013 at 7:46am   
Don't cover windows push back so panels just on ends. Remove all small photos and mirrors? From wall. One thing they are too high and to small. Better to have nothing till you can get much bigger 36" or bigger piece.
October 26, 2013 at 7:48am   
Dar Eckert
Here's a thought for you, try the towers next to the TV side-by-side on one side of the TV. Then put a larger piece of art on the other side of the TV. (28" X16" or 2' X 3') Your art could be a colorful finger painting done by your toddler and framed. I had a painting done by my son and it looked like modern art loved it.
October 26, 2013 at 7:58am   
Melissa Price_Molaski
Thanks everyone. Any suggestions on what color window treatments and couches that go with greige? I was hoping to get darker couches (charcoal?) and light colored window treatments. I love the idea of incorporating colorful dec pillows.
October 26, 2013 at 1:26pm   
Brown everything. Searching for a rug... Help!
Hello. I am searching for a rug to put in my living...
please help to choose granite countertops for oak cabinets
We are thinking to put on emerald pearl granite vs...
A see-through bath: too bold or just right?
I've seen this on other websites, but it's the first...
Window Treatment?
Looking for ways to make the kitchen pop with some...