Interior paint color
mpfam7
We are in the middle of an addition/ remodel. The main rooms on our first floor will be a living room, dining room, and a combined kitchen/ family room. I'm not sure what to do about color. We will have white painted cabinets in kitchen and a stone fireplace. Do houses ever have the bulk of the first floor painted the same color? We are looking at BM Stingray.
HERE Design and Architecture
Houses often have all of their rooms painted the same color. It helps to integrate the spaces
October 25, 2013 at 11:42PM     
mpfam7
Thanks, Here. If we do stick with one main color throughout main floor, since we have an open staircase to the 2nd floor- do we extend that color up the stairs and in the main hallway up there also? Also, we will likely go with either a gray or khaki as the neutral. Any ideas- it is a cape cod.
October 26, 2013 at 5:19AM   
Rockin' Fine Finish
Pictures of the home would help visualize your space could you maybe post some
October 26, 2013 at 7:11AM   
HERE Design and Architecture
Absolutely take the color up the stairs. Test the colors on site to be sure they are what you want.
October 26, 2013 at 8:06AM   
mpfam7
If we use BM Stingray, which looks like a neutral gray- what color furniture would we be looking for?
October 26, 2013 at 2:19PM   
dclostboy
Honestly anything works with gray.
October 26, 2013 at 2:20PM   
carolins
Usually it's better to choose your furniture, rugs, curtains first and then pick a paint colour to match. Paint can be mixed into any colour you like. And there are so many different greys, I don't believe that everything goes with every grey.

If you paint every room the same colour, you will see that the colour will look different from wall to wall. So whilst you'll have a nice uniform look, it will not look the same everywhere.
Important to test paint colours out on every wall!
October 26, 2013 at 2:27PM     
HERE Design and Architecture
I beg to differ, dc. Greys vary a lot and you can't judge color without having both swatches together and optimally under the same lighting conditions. Take a paint chip with you to the furniture store - or ask the manufacturer for fabric swatches. What sorts of colors you look for depends on a myriad of conditions and we don't have enough information, honestly.
October 26, 2013 at 2:27PM     
dclostboy
Very little doesn't go with Stingray, the color she seems to have selected.
October 26, 2013 at 2:29PM   
Need help with kitchen wall tiles
We are building our house and hence have no photos...
Difficult living room layout
I have a long and narrow living room with way too many...
Please help me with my lighting!
I know, duplicate post, but forgot to add pics and...
Need help with my Kitchen layout
Hi all. My husband and I just recently bought our first...
Have you used Ikea cabinets in your kitchen?
I am smack dab in the middle of a kitchen remodel and...