gina rendel
December 30, 2011 in Photo Questions
What is the material used for the exterior surface? Is it suitable for colder climates? Is it tintable, and if so, what tint was used?
bepsf
It's stucco.
December 30, 2011 at 2:28PM   
Distinctive Mantel Designs, Inc
Does anybody ever answer these questions? Seems stupid to even ask. I know I never got an answer.
January 18, 2013 at 9:01AM     
gina rendel
If you are referring to the exterior material on this house, someone responded, "stucco." I don't know how reliable the response is. EFIS is another material. Occasionally, I get no response. Possibly they would answer if you offered them a project with a retainer.
January 18, 2013 at 9:19AM   
Distinctive Mantel Designs, Inc
That wasn't my question...someone else wrote it. I'm just commenting on the lack of info....stucco, like who wouldn't know that?
January 18, 2013 at 9:34AM     
rhewgley
Gina, I hear you. I think people like to put things out here not to be helpful but to kudos on their things... Frustrating and 'stucco' is obviously not the answer someone was looking for. Anyone with 1/2 a brain can tell you stucco but that doesn't tell you anything if you want to explain HOW they get this look with the stucco. There are so many different things you need to know for stucco...
January 25, 2013 at 7:24AM     
T S
The designer is J Grant Design Studio. Their website is posted in the upper right corner of the the page which the photo is posted on. http://jgrantdesign.net
Why don't you contact them directly? They probably don't even have a way to know if you are asking questions on houzz. I'm sure they don't have time to check houzz on a regular basis. Also, I suggest being nice.
January 28, 2013 at 8:09AM     
denisebroadbent
Looking for the same info on the color/tint/application etc of the "STUCCO" (:
April 10, 2013 at 4:53PM   
Two outer walls are logs, two inner walls are sheetrock
I don't know what trim to put around the new wood flooring....
Ugly 80s powder room
I have a desperately ugly 80s small powder room 1,5x1,5...
Difficult living room layout
I have a long and narrow living room with way too many...
island
hi.. I'm on my project build my own house.. I set my...
How do I ground/add warmth to this area?
My home is modern and I love this reading corner but...