Stone fire place room color help.
angmiddleton
October 26, 2013 in Design Dilemma
We are building a house with a stone fireplace in the picture and we are trying to pick a slightly warm color without going too earthy. (We love the calm grey color). We picked the restoration hardware "stone Pierre" but doesn't look quite right on the wall, seems too grey. Pleas help with some nice colors! Thanks.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
donaditore
I wanted grey, and after months of stressing over it, I realized all the greys I liked were actually tans. Grey is either too green, blue or chalky. The greige colors are really nice. We used SW Mega Greige, and a friend used SW Perfect Greige. They read grey, but are still warm and not green or blue. A more modern neutral. Love the stone! Good luck.
1 Like   October 26, 2013 at 5:35PM
PRO
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
Take a look at Sherwin-Williams Agreeable Gray, or other warm grays from any paint company. If you have the RH sample with you when you go looking, you'll be able to compare it with other grays from other companies.

When you say that the RH sample was too gray, do you mean too dark, or too blue, or too what? Also, with the RH sample in hand, if you can explain what is "too gray" about the RH sample to a paint company person, they should be able to direct you toward something you
prefer.
2 Likes   October 26, 2013 at 5:40PM
donaditore
The agreeable gray is on the same color strip as the mega greige. It is 2 shades lighter. Great strip, it's the "F" strip in the SW color palette.
1 Like   October 26, 2013 at 5:55PM
angmiddleton
Thanks for your great inputs! I'll make a trip today to the paint store. That's exactly right, I wanted a warm grey that's not too blue or green so maybe beige is really what I'm looking for in this room, a beige that's not too "pink"... Will let you all know what I find out!
0 Likes   October 27, 2013 at 5:01AM
PRO
CDR Design
Behr Perfect Taupe (never looks green) and is a perfect greige. I like SW Agreeable Grey also. Beautiful Stone.
0 Likes   October 27, 2013 at 5:16AM