Backsplash
supraozzie
I have recently replaced my kitchen cabinets and counter tops. Things seemed to be going well until I had the quartz counter tops installed. I wanted to brighten up the small kitchen so I decided to go with a lighter tone, almost white. Counters seem too white. I need some advice on a back splash to bring it all together. I'd like something subtle not too bold or colourful perhaps using rock like texture. Any ideas?

I originally wanted to use a mosaic marble hints of grey and taupe but now I feel it will be too much white. I'm going to install the under counter lighting first and see what that looks like before I do the backsplash.

Any input on wall colour and backsplash would be greatly appreciated.

Patrick
studio10001
Any tile with a matte finish will help, and there are lots to choose from. Your wall colour should take both that choice, your floors, and any space that this area is open to into consideration, so paint selection is premature. That said, warm shades of your final colour choice will help with the brightness.
October 27, 2013 at 12:10AM        Thanked by supraozzie
lejlav
I would go with white splaschback glass. it would put up and low together and open the space up. what are the floors like?
October 27, 2013 at 12:30AM        Thanked by supraozzie
S&Associates
i think yellow will help you to tie both dark and light colors.if it is not a color of your choice you can chose a medium brownish tone.
October 27, 2013 at 12:33AM        Thanked by supraozzie
supraozzie
Thank you all for the input, here is what the floor looks like , hardwood maple, it's a very small kitchen.
October 27, 2013 at 12:41AM   
S&Associates
yes i can see it now,in this case i would also suggest white splashback glass.nothing could make your kitchen more brighter.
October 27, 2013 at 12:46AM      Thanked by supraozzie
studio10001
Simple might be best here- think I'd carry the green through, and put a great piece of art on the back wall.
October 27, 2013 at 12:49AM        Thanked by supraozzie
studio10001
Just saw the tile sample you were talking about - for the record, I think it would be pretty swell.
October 27, 2013 at 12:56AM      Thanked by supraozzie
Rahul Bhargava
We just did our custom splash back - please see the photographs. Are you in Australia
October 27, 2013 at 1:02AM     
supraozzie
I'm still considering it but I want to see how it reflects with the under counter lighting the over head light is bad for taking pics the wall colour is actually a light taupe colour bit comes out looking green in some of the pictures...

and yes definitely a piece of artwork on the back wall.
October 27, 2013 at 1:03AM     
supraozzie
I'm in Canada
October 27, 2013 at 1:14AM   
lejlav
I would go with white. I think glass would be nice, but i also really like this tile you put in the last comment :).
October 27, 2013 at 1:37AM      Thanked by supraozzie
suzanne_m
There is a calacatta gold that is warmer than a carrara marble. It might be worth to check it out:

October 27, 2013 at 9:30AM        Thanked by supraozzie
supraozzie
"There is a calacatta gold that is warmer than a carrara marble. It might be worth to check it out:
houzz.com➤

Yes that looks very nice, will definitely consider that to. I like that it has all the colours I need including dark grey which may help with the black stove top that sticks out like a sore thumb. This is the first time I've done this. I didn't realize how subtle differences in texture, colour and patterns could change the feel and appearance of a space.
October 27, 2013 at 12:35PM   
sharleeg
I love your counters and cabs! That white backsplash however is very stark white.. even lighter than the counters. How about something that mixes some lights and darks, or even whites with creams and browns? Then, change out that buttery creamy wall color to one of the colors picked up in the splash. I think it is that cream contrasting with the white that is bothering you. Best of luck!
October 27, 2013 at 1:01PM     
bondemery
I see a backsplash that has the color of your flooring in it, white and perhaps a hint of the dark brown. Something like stone colors. I like the narrow glass tile you chose - just I'd probably involve your floor color too.
October 27, 2013 at 1:09PM   
mlou72
Something warm to tie in the floor, tans, creams and off whites. Perhaps a solid glass, paint the wall a creamy or buttery warm shade, have glass slab cut to go over it. A glass shop can help with this. The reflective material will brighten the space.
October 27, 2013 at 1:12PM      Thanked by supraozzie
With your counter tops, go any way you want. A glass tile with color would be nice.
October 27, 2013 at 1:50PM      Thanked by supraozzie
Paint a darker color on walls like a gray. It needs a pop of color. Very boring.
October 27, 2013 at 1:51PM      Thanked by supraozzie
dclostboy
Think a white glass would be nice. Maybe with gray grout? The clear pebbles would be cool too.
October 27, 2013 at 2:11PM   
tammyvegter
I like suzanne_m's suggestion of the calacatta gold marble, and I could also see using a solid slab instead of tiles if that is a look you would be happy with.
October 27, 2013 at 2:11PM      Thanked by supraozzie
supraozzie
Thank you everyone for all your great ideas! I still have a lot of work to do before I get to the splash. This is what it looked like last week.

I just finished the plumbing today, I have the electrical and lighting to do, then the fun begins.
October 28, 2013 at 10:47PM   
Need brooklyn interior decorator suggestions
I am looking for an interior decorator to help choose...
Ugly 80s powder room
I have a desperately ugly 80s small powder room 1,5x1,5...
NEW HOME.....BLANK SLATE!
We recently moved in and am ready to decorate! I have...
How comfortable are gel mattresses on sleeper sofas?
Would those of you who have purchased the gel mattress...