OLLD 10/27
kimdee24
October 27, 2013 in Other
This is what I woke up to this morning. It probably won't stay but it makes me want to weep just the same. I was a busy bee yesterday, I now have half the basement painted, and it is starting to shape up really nicely. I will take a break today because there are other things I need to do today (clean this house!) But yeah, it's looking good. Will post pictures when I'm done.

What's on your agendas today? Hopefully nothing that involves snow...
Linda
Yuck! As far as I'm concerned , S N O W is the original four letter word!
October 27, 2013 at 8:53AM     
kimdee24
Agreed!!!
October 27, 2013 at 9:02AM     
Linda
I like those colors you posted for your basement. You're being quite ambitious with getting your winter project started before Halloween!
October 27, 2013 at 9:19AM        Thanked by kimdee24
kimdee24
I'm bored!!!! Golf season is over... lol... I'm trying not to be TOO ambitious, because it's a lonnnnnnng winter.... but the problem is that once I start something I just want to keep going until it's finished.
October 27, 2013 at 10:26AM     
Linda
Would you like to come visit? It's not snowing here yet
October 27, 2013 at 10:42AM   
nasmijati
@Linda. Tee hee. It is not snowing here, either, Kimdee.
October 27, 2013 at 11:19AM        Thanked by kimdee24
kimdee24
Does it ever snow where you are, Nas? I'm moving in, btw...
October 27, 2013 at 12:26PM     
nasmijati
@Kimdee. It only snows about 9 days per winter here, with less than 1/2 inch precipitation each month. Any snow there is almost always melts off by the end of the day. The most likely time to get snow is at the end of December and early January. The average daytime high temperature in the wintertime is 48 to 53F. The average nighttime temperature is 23 to 31F. Yes, we do have to scrape frost off of our car windshields every morning.
October 27, 2013 at 1:29PM     
kimdee24
I could deal with that, Nas...!
October 27, 2013 at 1:31PM     
armygirl1987
Oh wow Kimdee, it was good here 71 degrees. Got up and participated in a 5k (Suicide Awareness). Practically had to force myself but I had signed up and got 9 of my friends to join me. The weather was nice so it was totally worth it. I had been sick all weekend but would not have missed it.
October 27, 2013 at 2:28PM     
mefor
Hi guys. Linda, it's coming soon enough though, isn't it? Pooey!!
Kimdee, such a sight, too soon, especially since you were just playing golf such a short time ago. I'm so happy to hear the painting is going well, did you post colors yesterday? I was doing the Halloween party prep, missed out on a lot of houzzing. I'll have to check yesterday's thread. Did the snow melt yet? :)
October 27, 2013 at 3:02PM   
kimdee24
Here's a sneak peak, Michelle...
October 27, 2013 at 5:30PM     
nasmijati
@kimdee. What a pretty room!
October 27, 2013 at 5:32PM   
mefor
I love the sparrow kimdee, it's warm and cool at the same time and will give you a great background for other colors. Plus the white woodwork will pop against it, and there's just a touch of the masculine you were looking for, the fireplace is loving it too. Beyond all of that, STK is going to love it for his studio space.
October 27, 2013 at 5:35PM   
mefor
You really get wonderful light in there, great that you can go deeper in color and still have a bright cheery room when you want it to be, and an elegant, cozy and darker room for nighttime gatherings and movie and tv time. Did you ever look into the white horse pics?
October 27, 2013 at 5:37PM   
kimdee24
Thanks, Nas and Michele.... it is a strange color though, it seems to have some purple-ish undertones depending on the light, and it changes a lot depending on which wall it's on. Last night I was almost convinced they'd mixed it wrong, until I put a little dab on the swatch and I saw that it's correct.

Yes, there is so much natural light down there, those windows are northwest facing, but in the winter the sun sets so low in the south that it's pretty much north light. In the summer, the sun sets right out those windows. The room feels very cozy and warm now which it needed I think.

I've bookmarked the horses. Today I was busily shopping for sports photography for down there. A little baseball, a little golf, some curling so far.
October 27, 2013 at 5:48PM     
Linda
I like using ambiguous colors that who up differently depending on the other colors in the room. Gives so much opportunity to change things by changing accents, not redoing everything.

I know the worry about using the wrong paint - this summer we took a break on the hill behind a house we were painting and the upper gable looked to be a different paint than the lower gable. Turned out to be just a trick of the light, but it had all of us going until we took a sample up a ladder to prove that it wasn't a real problem, just lighting
October 27, 2013 at 6:15PM     
armygirl1987
@Kimdee-beautiful room.
October 27, 2013 at 7:14PM        Thanked by kimdee24
kimdee24
Thanks, Angela! Have you decided on the bedding?
October 27, 2013 at 7:17PM     
armygirl1987
She picked your bedding. I am ordering it, not available in store.
October 27, 2013 at 7:18PM     
kimdee24
Oooh! I really like it. I hope it looks as good as it does in the photo!
October 27, 2013 at 7:48PM     
armygirl1987
I hope so too.
October 27, 2013 at 7:51PM     
armygirl1987
@Kimdee-Order placed
October 27, 2013 at 8:12PM     
kimdee24
Yay, I can't wait to see how it all looks!
October 27, 2013 at 8:19PM     
oakleyspanky
I love snow...its soft and gentle and shrouds everything in silence...it makes us slow down a bit and cuddle, and not shave our legs, and read classic literature and drink red wine...watch the ice form on the lake...oh yeah, guess my problem is...I'm Canadian!
October 31, 2013 at 7:18PM        Thanked by kimdee24
OLLD 5/27
Finally Memorial Day! Thought I'd start with this photo...
OLLD - 3/27
Morning Hens & Roosters! Anything jump out at you,...
OLLD 2/27
Morning OLLD's! What's happening that's new and exciting...
OLLD 11/27......
It's a beautiful day here.........but cold (24 degrees...
OLLD 7/27
Good morning! What projects are on your agenda for...
Gray paint for basement
Hi, We just redid our basement and am looking for...
Building a 4 Season room
I'm planning an addition to my home. A 4 season room...
Need help redesigning this yellow bathroom
Please help suggest how we can give this bathroom a...
Exterior help
What can be done inexpensively to help iodate my 1960s...
Thinking of painting my Victorian
I am thinking a dark gray with white trim? What do...