Help! Carbonized Bamboo Flooring + What kitchen cabinets!?!?!
yma711
We are remodeling a 500 sq foot space that is the kitchen + dining room + family room. I fell in love with the carbonized strand bamboo flooring (the carbonizing process makes it a deep amber of sorts. I will post an example below) and we purchased it. Now I absolutely can not figure out what kitchen cabinets compliment them! My husband is absolutely anti anything white or painted, so that is out. Please help!!!!

Example of carbonized strand bamboo:
Maple cabinets were used in this kitchen with a carbonized bamboo flooring.

1 Like   October 27, 2013 at 12:41PM
Kathleen Ramsey, Allied ASID
Like the idea of maple, a bit lighter or darker than the floor. You could also go very dark clean lined and contemporary with the cabinets.
0 Likes   October 27, 2013 at 12:48PM
Lesley Delle_Grazie
I like the idea of using maple too; it doesn't have very much grain pattern to it to fight with the flooring. I would use a darker colour for the cabinets, something like the darkest strands in the flooring, or go really dark, like espresso, if you have plenty of light in the room.
0 Likes   October 27, 2013 at 12:51PM
I was thinking a lighter maple, probably natural.
0 Likes   October 27, 2013 at 1:08PM
yma711
Thank you! I LOVE the idea of maple to go with the flooring. I went to look at it this evening and it does look great with the grains - such a relief as I could not find anything that complimented one another. The cafe color makes the darker colors "pop" out of the flooring visually. There were not any natural displays, however. Do you think the natural would pop visually as well or just blend in? Carolyn, do you have any pictures of that kitchen with a closer look at the woods together?
0 Likes   October 27, 2013 at 7:27PM
No, I don't have any closeups as it wasn't my project, but I've seen natural maple cabinet doors at Home Depot and Lowes so you should be able to take a piece of your flooring there for a look see. To me the natural maple and your flooring would look wonderful together.
0 Likes   October 27, 2013 at 7:32PM
yma711
Awesome! I will check it out tomorrow. Again, thank you all, I am VERY relieved to have some options that work!!!
0 Likes   October 27, 2013 at 7:37PM
Need help for my kitchen
I want to design my kitchen.I need to think of what...
ptamilselvi
How to do kitchen nooks?
We have a kitchen nook that we want done and shopped...
happycl8
Size is overwhelming! Help!,
Hi, I'm looking for any affordable ideas. I have just...
karenbrady
Help my wall!
I was given these framed images by my grandfather who...
dolphinbaby
Struggling to find a "family" of ceiling lights
Our foyer has three ceiling light fixtures. The first...
Eugene Lee