Need help!
amjpope
Need layout, design ideas! Thinking tv needs to be on wall opposite of window?
Leslie
Are you planning to use the other side of the room for anything - like a dining space? If so, think the TV is okay where it is for now - it might actually work well in the corner, where you seem to have a pet carrier right now. If you're not planning to use it for dining, then yes, move the TV, but I suspect that the TV and stand will seem a bit dwarfed on that huge wall! Would you consider increasing the size of either?

I'm not sure that your light fixture work with the space - it seems a bit too large. I think a table lamp would work better, seeing as you already have a table there!

I think some different colored throw pillows would help bring some other colors into the space and add visual interest. Some drapes on the window would also help. It's difficult to get an idea of your colors/style in these pictures, but I am attaching some throw pillows from Target that might give you some ideas/inspire you.
October 27, 2013 at 7:26PM   
abbyjean
I think you are exactly right with putting the tv on the wall opposite the window. It will fit soooo much better there and not compete with the railing and half wall. Leave the plant beside it.

I would like to see the couch in front of the window so it will be longer than the window and the love seat where the couch is not. Center the coffee table with the couch. The end table and lamp should be fine where they are. Maybe the fun red chair could go where you have the tv now and then get some red patterned pillows for the couches to tie it all together.

Do you have art in the room? That will be fun to hang over the furniture, too, and that will change the feel in the room a ton.
October 27, 2013 at 7:27PM     
amjpope
I am planning on getting a larger tv/tv stand (maybe one with an electric fireplace), as well as a sectional. Furniture is from when I lived in a small condo. It's a slow process. I am wanting to switch colors to greys with some red.
October 27, 2013 at 7:53PM     
Leslie
I think a large TV stand (or, perhaps down the road, a built-in cabinet) would look fantastic on that large wall. I agree with abbyjean's suggestion of moving the larger sofa in front of the window, and putting the loveseat where the couch sits now. I agree that some artwork would help the space, and perhaps give you some ideas for other colors you want to bring into the space.

Another option would be a patterned rug. It looks like you have a very cool/comfortable rug there now, but a new rug might be something to consider if you want to pull in other colors. There are lots of gray rugs out there, or you might choose something with a bit of red in it.
October 30, 2013 at 9:50PM     
help with contemporary update to this traditional exterior
traditional exterior home renovation with contemporary...
Need Help with Curb Appeal
We can't figure out what to do to the front of our...
HELP! My house is too brown. Need help with exterior colours!
I have attached a BROWN picture of the exterior of...
Need help redesigning this yellow bathroom
Please help suggest how we can give this bathroom a...
Should i put 6 in granite back splash and glass mosaic?
I am currently remodelling my kitchen and in dilemma...