Need Help choosing End Table Lamps for Family Room

browniebearOctober 27, 2013
Our Family room has most of the major pieces needs get pulled together. Still looking for an End table and reading lamps. Also storage for magazines. End table can't be that big. Want to add an end table on the side away from the window, maybe change the lamp. There is a metal arc lamp on the window side, not in this picture
karemore55
Hi there! I assume you are replacing the end table that is in the pic, along with the lamp? While it would be best to have an end table that is at the same height as your sofa arm rest, maybe what you should do is put a set of nesting tables in that corner so that you can bring out the smaller one when needed for the other side of your sofa. The set in pic one is from Pier One. Alternatively, you could get an end table that is the proper height for that side, and use a "C" table on the other side. It can be. Over out of the way when not needed. The one in pic two is also Pier One. Ideally, you should use a floor lamp on that side, but not in front of the window where your current lamp is. It would be better to have it behind the sofa in that same corner, and maybe an adjustable lamp would be more functional for you.

For magazine storage, I find it best to place them in a rectangular basket or tote bin where they can lay flat. Check Ikea for lots of choices there.

You're right - you're almost there! What is most noticeable to me is the lack of art - a great piece in approximately 24" X 36" size propped up on the FP mantle, and possibly a collage,of framed B&W's in a tight grouping to the left of the TV? (It's hard to see the rest of the room on that side).

Happy decorating!
    Bookmark   Thanked by browniebear    October 27, 2013 at 10:49PM
browniebear
Actually adding an end table on the side that has the black magazine rack and possibly replacing the parson table.
    Bookmark   October 27, 2013 at 10:53PM
studio10001
Take a look at wayfair and overstock for metal magazine tables; there are a few that look thin enough to choose from, and both sites have metal legged end tables to coordinate with whatever you choose.
    Bookmark   October 27, 2013 at 11:05PM
Need help with boring family room
I know I need a rug to pull it together and would like...
queenregina123
Which end table would you choose for this space?
It was suggested to me (here) that I should avoid more...
kittybart
Help choosing paint and carpet color for weird family room
We are trying to redecorate our family/TV room. Here...
jessibru
Need Help For My Family Room, please!
Hello, I have a family room that I'm not sure how to...
Lori
need help w/family room lamps.
can you use two different lamps at the ends of a sofa....
grnlizard
please help complete my lr/dr
just painted my dark lr/dr with a light color. Have...
waterloo481
Need help with stairs and wood trim!!
We are painting our house and need advice about the...
jazzie51
Hiring decorator for limited budget project?
Would love advice about this. I am recently divorced...
ewcalihan
Looking for kitchen experts to help with weird layout!
Hi everyone! Hoping to start a kitchen remodel soon....
Lrw2a
Please help completing my great room
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused...
Stefanie