Colors
erinbrooke
I just ordered a mattress for this old bed. The bathroom attached has this wallpaper. What color drapes and/or bedding? I'm leaning towards white for the bed and shower curtain. I wanted to bounce that off of someone.
erinbrooke
I forgot the window. This is a picture with temp shades but it will have plantation shutters soon.
October 28, 2013 at 6:49pm   
mallorybee
How about something like this? With white walls, though.
October 28, 2013 at 7:30pm        Thanked by erinbrooke
Genevieve
Yes to the coral curtains .
October 28, 2013 at 7:33pm        Thanked by erinbrooke
Nancy
is the background to the wallpaper, blue or grey? I think the blue that is in the small chest of drawers would look very nice with white and would tie in with the paper (that is if the wallpaper background is a similar colour).
October 28, 2013 at 7:45pm        Thanked by erinbrooke
Lydia (Kazza Design)
I really like that wallpaper! I also like the idea of a white shower curtain but I suggest one with texture. The first one is from Target. The ruffle one is from Pottery Barn and would tie in well with the English country design you seem to be going for. It comes in these three colours which could all work with the wallpaper. Natural linen could also be an option. The blue one could work but I think white would make the wallpaper stand out more.
October 28, 2013 at 7:55pm        Thanked by erinbrooke
Lydia (Kazza Design)
White bedding would be very nice also but once again I suggest one with texture (either ruching or matelassé). Both from Pottery Barn.
October 28, 2013 at 7:57pm        Thanked by erinbrooke
Lydia (Kazza Design)
Love the plantation shutters! You have a few options for curtains. If you choose a (subtle) pattern I suggest curtains that have the same colour as the background of the wallpaper (not other colours). You could also have some linen curtains the same colour as the wall since the shutters will dress up that window very nicely. Again from Pottery Barn.
October 28, 2013 at 8:01pm        Thanked by erinbrooke
erinbrooke
http://www.thibautdesign.com/collection/high_res.php?patternID=1076&productID=6317. This is the wallpaper. I have been eyeing the white ruffle shower curtain from pottery barn, but those are all very pretty. There's a white rosette bedset at anthropologie but I think it may be a little too fussy.
October 28, 2013 at 8:01pm   
erinbrooke
You posted those ideas while I was still typing mine. Thanks for the help!
October 28, 2013 at 8:02pm   
erinbrooke
This is the one from anthropologie.
October 28, 2013 at 8:05pm   
Lydia (Kazza Design)
lol.....and you had time to post the bedding before I pressed submit! We're on the same track! I also find that bedding is too fussy. :(
October 28, 2013 at 8:06pm        Thanked by erinbrooke
lucyhomedecor
I like the Pottery Barn white bedding. Not to fussy. Decorator pillows that match the wallpaper would set it off.
October 28, 2013 at 8:15pm        Thanked by erinbrooke
erinbrooke
There are some coordinating fabrics from the wallpaper book. I will have to check the book out again. My favorite thing about the pottery barn, though, is that the bedding and drapes aren't custom. I wonder which one is more comfortable. That will be the deciding factor! :) I appreciate you labeling the style...I've wondered what it was. This was my bed as a toddler and little girl. My parents bought it at canton trades day about 30 years ago. It was an antique way back then.
October 28, 2013 at 8:35pm   
Lydia (Kazza Design)
Thibaut has gorgeous wallpaper!! I don't suggest getting the coordinating fabrics though. You have other options that would personalize your style much better. That bed is timeless.....very nice! These bedrooms are English country and have the same vibe as yours.
October 29, 2013 at 11:21am        Thanked by erinbrooke
erinbrooke
A LITTLE progress...
November 8, 2013 at 8:40pm     
Lydia (Kazza Design)
The shutters are very nice! Looking forward to seeing other updates. :)
November 8, 2013 at 8:52pm      Thanked by erinbrooke
Nancy
the shutters look wonderful. What a great job!
November 9, 2013 at 5:44am      Thanked by erinbrooke
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
Okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...
new bar needs something
I just bought this bar that I have been eyeing for...
What do you think about mismatched dining chairs?
The key to an eclectic look, surely? And also brilliant...
What color should I paint this small bedroom?
Main floor is getting painted next week. Mostly SW...
Need help to finish my guest room.
I fell in love with this comforter and have decorated...